the things that pass for knowledge
i cant understand...

steely dan
reelin in the years
from cant buy a thrill...

Mar 26, 06 11:29 am  · 
 · 
snooker

I thought the best job in an Architecture Firm was Marketing....lots of dinners out lots of wine and of course losts of deserts. Along with an expense account. I see Polchesk is looking for a marketing person....think I will see if I qualify. Second thoughts....He is the guy
who ripped off Douglas Cardinals design in one of American Architectures Worst Moments.....In the Taking of the American Indian Museum. I don't think I could figure out how to market his firm or work for such a savage act.

Mar 26, 06 12:12 pm  · 
 · 
le bossman

vado that was the greatest post i've seen in some time. donald fagen=god

Mar 26, 06 1:11 pm  · 
 · 
ochona

while the music played you worked by candlelight
those san francisco nights
you were the best in town

just by chance you crossed a diamond with a pearl
you turned it on the world
that's when you turned the world around

did you feel like jesus?
did you realize
that you were a champion in their eyes?

steely dan can teach you about the rewards of hard work, too.

Mar 26, 06 1:34 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

now your patrons have left you in the red
your low rent friends are dead
life can be very strange
all those dayglo freaks who used to paint their face
theyve joined the human race
some things will never change...

is there gas in the car???

Mar 26, 06 5:36 pm  · 
 · 

the girls don't seem to care what's on
as long as it plays till dawn
nothin' but blues and elvis
and somebody else's favorite song

Mar 26, 06 5:55 pm  · 
 · 
evilplatypus

I was one them although I wasnt actually lazy - I just realized at an early age that architecture school is a joke and worked 40 hrs a week in construction while the others where "busy" being psudo-intelectuals playing with chip board. There still paying off theyre student loans as well.

I still kicked most their butts in critts btw.

Mar 26, 06 7:40 pm  · 
 · 
boooyaka

Everyone is different. I had a few in my undergrad that we extrememly talented and could party and produce better things than everyone else in less time... (me included of course :)) I mean is it really my fault that one person has to spend four days doing what I can accomplish in on hour? Honestly yoda maybe you're just on of those untalented but yet very dedicated people that has to work you ass off... are you bitter? Perhaps that is a little harsh but everyone has different talent and skill levels and for some people it is not as hard as others. Good for them bad for you.

Mar 26, 06 8:44 pm  · 
 · 
That's Chicago

I'd say that you can tell the difference in a person's portfolio if a person doesn't put in the effort. No potential employer will ever look at your grades in school, but they will look at you portfolio and experience! And people with bad portfolios have trouble getting that good experience early on. So, keep working hard, and you'll be able to laugh at the lazy ones when they are stuck designing Walgreens stores and strip malls!

Mar 26, 06 8:52 pm  · 
 · 
ryanj

Whats even more frustrating is a lazy person whos father is an architect. These people have no motivation to perform well in school because in most instances they've got a cushy job waiting for them. They have a 2.8 GPA, are on their second attempt at getting into graduate school, have never held a real job (other than working for pops), and watch 6-8 hours of television per day. Not helping the fact is that you must live with such a person.

Mar 26, 06 9:40 pm  · 
 · 
ochona

had one of those in my last studio in school. daddy AND mommy were hotshot architects and miss thang didn't really ever bother to try much in class.

we were having our final review and miss thang was all a-givin her presentation when this guy interrupts her.

"that's a load of crap, honey. this project just isn't good at all."

turns out it was daddy. he'd showed up for her review. she'll get what she deserves...oh yes she will. classic grade-A jerk like that, i wouldn't want that kind of job security.

Mar 26, 06 10:02 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: