anchor

Thread Central

vado retro

cool congrats!

Oct 29, 07 2:23 pm  · 
 · 
Living in Gin

Congrats, TK! I hope all goes well.

I'm with LB; Per crossed a line by outing somebody's real name. Not cool at all. I wish somebody would just ban him and put him out of our misery. He's repeatedly demonstrated that he has no intention to follow the rules that govern most civil discussion boards.

My stomach hasn't been feeling well all weekend, and I feel like I've been having a shitty time at work lately. No single big issue, but lots of minor, petty shit that combines to put me in a rotten mood. Woe is me....

Oct 29, 07 2:27 pm  · 
 · 
threeewizmen

actually i think that per was banned, percorell isn't listed under members anymore, there is another member called per corell, but they haven't posted since '05, and when looking at his profile he has no recent comments.

i think pers gone, where does archinect go from here?

Oct 29, 07 2:41 pm  · 
 · 
WonderK

TK> CONGRATS! That's so exciting! A mini treekiller on the way, ha. Is this the announcement we were waiting for?!? I want to make sure all of the suspense is over....

A deleted thread, and a missing Per...has he been banned again? Will vindpust rise from the ashes like the Phoenix once more? It's a perfect storyline for Halloween....the member that never dies, he just keeps coming back for each new episode to piss someone else off.....

Oct 29, 07 2:48 pm  · 
 · 

treekiller - in honor of our esteemed colleague, you can name your little bundle of joy PER!

(sorry.)

congratulations! babies are an amazing thing. i tricked and treated with mine at the zoo last night. it's crazy how they can make you feel.

Oct 29, 07 2:55 pm  · 
 · 
Living in Gin

He was on borrowed time when he re-registered under a new name. Unfortunately, given that he's pathologically incapable of getting a clue, it will probably become like a whack-a-mole game trying to keep him banned. I hope his IP address is banned, and not just his user account.

Oct 29, 07 2:56 pm  · 
 · 

three...this is where vado would insert a youtube post or song in response to where does archinect go from here?. My request would be in the manner of "don't cry for me Argentina"

Oct 29, 07 3:02 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

I just hope beta doesn't disappear now. beta's rants, to me, have always been amusing and honest, like's myriam's. Just an example of him "putting on his Jersey" and his posts have shown that he is intelligent and curious and open to new ideas, just as per's posts have shown that he is obstinate and uncurious (though he makes a good joke now and again - he just recently posted some movie quote? I think...).

beta, I for one hope you stick around.

And that's all I'm going to say on that, unless someone has a question for me about my opinion.

------------------

treekiller, CONGRATULATIONS!!! With all the hanging around you've been doing on Sarah's thread, I wondered if that might be in your near future!! Sorry to hear the missus isn't feeling well - for me the illness ended at week 12 and I felt great from there on - I wish the same for Mrs. tk. So a late May/early June delivery date?! Angus was June 9, a week early. Summertime with a new baby, I'm jealous!! Congrats again - it is exciting!

Oct 29, 07 3:09 pm  · 
 · 

Treekiller congrats...I yelped when I read the news. Sad how personal we take the successes and accomplishments of those on archinect. Good luck on the ultra-sound (is that even an appropriate wish?)

Oct 29, 07 3:14 pm  · 
 · 
threeewizmen

per when he found out/finds out he got banned

youtube.com/watch?v=M8pR1rZZHEs

Oct 29, 07 3:15 pm  · 
 · 
n_

Congrats soon-to-be-baby-daddy!

Oct 29, 07 3:27 pm  · 
 · 
treekiller

wK- this is the news. I never got that draft of the statement on the environment for mr. vice president.

Lb- i was hanging in a prescient way around sarah's thread - we knew since the beginning of the october. just wish there had been more attempts before it happened :-)

now I can build a treehouse!

Oct 29, 07 3:43 pm  · 
 · 
Dapper Napper

Mucho, Congrats, TK!!!!

Oct 29, 07 3:50 pm  · 
 · 
threeewizmen

...it all happened so quickly...

Oct 29, 07 4:14 pm  · 
 · 
Living in Gin

I think "sapling-killer" is the only appropriate name for TK's new spawn.

I think I have some sort of stomach flu or something. I still feel like shit, and I was just given a huge pile of stuff to do for a project meeting that's scheduled for tomorrow morning. Now I feel worse. I already took a sick day Friday, but now I'm wondering if I need another one.

Oct 29, 07 4:16 pm  · 
 · 
treekiller

I was thinking about announcing something about a sapling or acorn... but decided that that was too cheesy. treekillerette, i like that, hope the missus likes it too. maybe tkabino for the seedling.

LIG- NY is a petri dish of colds and the flu, especially when you first start taking the subway. get some matzo ball (or wonton) soup

Oct 29, 07 4:25 pm  · 
 · 
Living in Gin

This isn't really a cold or flu (although I just got over a short-lived but nasty cold a couple weeks ago)... This is more like a milder version of how I felt after the infamous Skyline Chili & Graeter's Ice Cream dinner combo with WonderK and mdler in Cincinnati last Christmas, except that I haven't eaten anything recently that's been known to cause that sort of reaction.

Oct 29, 07 4:32 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

Sorry to hear it, LiG. It's so hard to motivate yourself to work when you feel lousy - and one bad all-nighter when you are at the start of a cold can make that cold stretch out into a months-long bronchial problem ack! My household has been coughing for the last three weeks, Angus is home sick today, I feel like crap and I am so far behind on so many jobs that I'm on the verge of deciding which one to quit just to give me some space. Sigh.

Breathe, breathe...

Oct 29, 07 4:38 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

maybe its your sphincter of oddi acting up on you!

Oct 29, 07 4:41 pm  · 
 · 
treekiller

LiG- maybe you're preggo! cause the description sound like what tkette is going through.

LB- hang on there! (and breath - ahhhhhhh)

Oct 29, 07 4:43 pm  · 
 · 

congrats TK!!!!!!

vado, I could send you photos of last weekend's pumpkin-picking expidition. That was pretty dirty.

Oct 29, 07 4:46 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

only if pumpkin picking is some sort of euphemism.

Oct 29, 07 4:52 pm  · 
 · 
Living in Gin

My misery is compounded by the fact that I'm working for a partner who seems to know just enough AutoCAD to inflict huge amounts of damage on the drawings.

Oct 29, 07 5:04 pm  · 
 · 
brian buchalski

not that anybody cares...but i'm really enjoying the college football thread...

and yeah...i'm still alive

Oct 29, 07 5:38 pm  · 
 · 

congrats TK. very good news. babies are all around me lately. sorta making me want just one more...sometimes wife agrees, sometimes not...either way, kids are really the greatest joy in the world, even when driving us round the bend. so great you will get to experience fatherhood.

beta, in version of any number is def smart and welcome. sending messages to per about one's excrement was kinda surprising to me. i am too prairie boy naive to have expected it. didn't catch that per outed beta's name. that ain't too nice, either.

i wish i had something dirty to send to vado. maybe LB can find something appropriate?

Oct 29, 07 6:04 pm  · 
 · 
le bossman

FROM THE ARCHITECT FOR HALLOWEEN THREAD:

le bossman:

this is a bit off topic but since we are talking about halloween, my boss found live black widow spider on his lawn mower, put her in a jar, and brought it into work on friday. we just caught a bug for her and put it in the jar.

Oct 29, 07 6:13 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

is anyone dressing up as an american gladitor? that would be so cool!

Oct 29, 07 6:25 pm  · 
 · 
snooker

TK.....don't do something silly and name the kid Olaf or Sven....cause been hanging in their Hoode!

Oct 29, 07 6:37 pm  · 
 · 

First post on Thread Central.
Hello all,
Go kids! Congrats.

I have been having a great couple of weeks. Although i have been horrible about editing my posts.
I think it says something about me needing to slowing down.

However, i am glad to be here.

Oct 29, 07 6:45 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

nam, you totally rock the news, so a typographical slip up every now and again is not a problem! Welcome to TC.

Oct 29, 07 7:02 pm  · 
 · 
abracadabra

what did beta call you? arbor-puncher or something? you're fuck'd...

(nooo.. just kidding. congratulations treekiller. you'd make a great family on the road. maybe it is the picture on rearviewmirror.)
hi nam. you want some coffee?

Oct 29, 07 7:38 pm  · 
 · 
WonderK

Hi nam!

tk....I vote for "acorn". Tee hee. My friend just had her baby and we were calling it "the peanut" because they find out the sex until she popped out!

LIG, I'm so sorry that chili-ice cream combo caused you so much gastric distress that you still speak of it. I don't remember having any trouble but I also had years of training. There's no telling what will happen when I go home for christmas now that my stomach is Californiated.

Oct 29, 07 7:41 pm  · 
 · 
JMBarquero/squirrelly

and on that note DUBK....get back to work and stop surfing.....the web that is, not the california ocean!

;)

Oct 29, 07 7:44 pm  · 
 · 
Living in Gin

I actually think it was the ice cream that did more damage to me than the chili. My lactose-intolerant digestive tract wasn't prepared for ice cream so rich and non-processed. (Ironically, the so-called "ice cream" at McDonald's doesn't bother me at all, probably because they've processed away every last trace of actual dairy product.) Remind me to ask for a sorbet next time.

Oct 29, 07 9:10 pm  · 
 · 
treekiller

I better keep the kid safe from squirrels - that's the only problem with using 'acorn'.

Well this should take care of page 155- who want's to open 156?

Oct 29, 07 9:13 pm  · 
 · 
****melt

Wow! My day was so crazy today that I haven't gotten a chance to get on the forum until just now. Seems as though lots has happened. It's chilly here this evening, but I'm not ready yet to turn on the heat. My cats are beginning to snuggle in for the long winter ahead. Kind of nice after they spent pretty much the entire summer outside chasing bugs and stuff. One of them is making a nice foot warmer as I type.

TK- Congrats on the news. I vote for acorn as well.

LIG and LB- Hope you two feel better soon. nothing worse than being sick when you have tons to do.

Welcome to TC nam.

Threeewizmen - I found that video quite disturbing. Please tell me that was just an act.

Oct 29, 07 9:20 pm  · 
 · 

hi nam, just for you!!

for all those that speak another language

Oct 29, 07 9:25 pm  · 
 · 
****melt

Techno - your photo isn't showing up :-(

Oct 29, 07 9:28 pm  · 
 · 
n_

Vado, did you say American Gladiators?

Oct 29, 07 9:47 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

hardcore n_______________________________,hardcore!

Oct 29, 07 9:51 pm  · 
 · 
Living in Gin
Oct 29, 07 9:56 pm  · 
 · 

tuna...hit refresh!

Oct 29, 07 10:06 pm  · 
 · 
****melt

Arghhhh- still can't see it. Will try tomorrow at work. n_ awesome photo. Love the hot pants and the blue mouth guards.

Oct 29, 07 10:48 pm  · 
 · 
n_

Details, Tuna. It's all about details.

Oct 29, 07 11:03 pm  · 
 · 
myriam

oh, tk, CONGRATS!!!!

...I had a feeling. ;) yay!!!!!!!!!!

We just went kids-book-shopping for my boyfriend's niece today and I was in heaven. I would love to have a little one to read to. ...and then to give back to its parent. (ha!) No but seriously, I'm totally psyched for your little forest!

Also, beta, you brought up some great disaster-planning points up there, and I have been sick all weekend and haven't done you the honor of responding. In reality we could probably have a whole symposium dedicated just to discussing those very solid points. I do agree with asking the questions you raise, and *definitely* with rethinking our approach to human development, and I wish more people were thinking about this stuff!

I guess the point of my rant was just to wish that more people would think about the deeper, more complex issues than just saying "they shouldn't build there." This comment even came up in some of the recent news items here, which is dismayingly simplistic and reactionary to me.

Oct 29, 07 11:54 pm  · 
 · 
Living in Gin

Happy Tuesday.

I'm feeling somewhat better this morning, although I'm still finding it almost impossible to stay motivated lately.

To make matters worse, I have a performance review later this week. I haven't been at the firm very long, but I guess they do everybody's performance reviews at the same time of the year.... Not good news for me, since I haven't really been feeling like I'm at the top of my game recently. Maybe I'm just being paranoid, but who knows...

Oct 30, 07 8:15 am  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

myriam, i totally respect your view, and did not take it personally. some days are better than others for moi, and sometimes i communicate better than others and sometimes people get the better of me and like evilplatypus noted, i can react in a disproportionate fashion...i concur with your thoughts on a larger discussion...

Oct 30, 07 9:03 am  · 
 · 
myriam

hmm, it might surprise people (as it did me) to find out that orange county, everyone's favorite punching bag for suburban sprawl, is actually the 5th densest county in america (2000 US Census pdf here).

Oct 30, 07 9:18 am  · 
 · 
treekiller

myriam- there are no places that we should be developing. Everywhere is special and needs conservation. so where should our growing population go???

Somebody will complain if we redevelop their neighborhood into higher density (even in high density places) - so where to build???

I'm proposing that we abolish NIMBYism- if there are no good places to build wind turbines or high density TODs, then screwed. Jane Jacobs was wrong, local politics will destroy the climate.

(An acorn doesn't take up more space)

Oct 30, 07 9:56 am  · 
 · 
brian buchalski
welcome into my backyard
Oct 30, 07 10:58 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: