Archinect
anchor

Fire Stair - building regulation in Paris or France

auvn

Hi,
I have a few questions about building regulation in Paris.
Please help!

1. What is the minimum width required for fire escape stair ?
2. What is the minimum width and maximum allowable slope for handicapped accessible ramp?
3. Is there any requirement for minimum width of general stair?

Thanks.
AUVN
p/s: Our office is doing a small renovation project in Paris ( still in preliminary stage so no consultant yet)

Jan 26, 06 6:00 pm
vado retro

check out le building code...ciao

Jan 26, 06 6:43 pm  · 
 · 
auvn

Hi vado retro,
the problem is I can't understand French.

Jan 26, 06 7:49 pm  · 
 · 
emma253

building codes? in france? i hope you're kidding.

Jan 27, 06 7:53 am  · 
 · 
job job

i believe that your office is in trouble if not one person knows french. how are you submitting the esquisse/APS/APD? The french do have codes, and they are STRICT.

Jan 27, 06 8:25 am  · 
 · 
el jeffe

try the 2005 flatworld code, with local amendments.

Jan 27, 06 10:44 am  · 
 · 
Janosh

...or the Doctrine of Righteous Unilateralism, 2003

Jan 27, 06 12:19 pm  · 
 · 
el jeffe

the nice thing about the DofRU is that there's no need for an amendment subscription service.

Jan 27, 06 1:39 pm  · 
 · 
doberman

ramp slopes must be 5% max with 1.5m long half landings every 10m. minimum width for fire escape stairs is probably 1.2m (1.5m) for a small building, general stairs probably 1.2m min too, they need be wide enough for 2 people to cross. go with that, you'll be alright. might be worth hooking up with a local office that will help you through the planning process and with the french bureaucracy/administration, especially if you dont speak french... Also be aware that there might be some more strigent regulations i dont know about, even though i should, shame on me...

Jan 27, 06 2:09 pm  · 
 · 
auvn

Great Doberman

that is all I need for this stage of the project. For sure we will have to work with some local firm when we start to do a real work.
Thanks

auvn

Jan 27, 06 2:25 pm  · 
 · 
job job

just got back from the year of the whiskeydog challenge, and the '2005 flatworld code' and 'doctrine of righteous unilateralism 2003' has got to be the funniest, and largely unacknowledged, entries of this discussion jungle.

'righteous'... 'flatworld'.. too goddamn funny *wipes tear from eye*

what's the Flatworld say on atrium smoke extraction and longitude...?
that core doesn't comply with Righteous... who f*ckin drew this?!

Jan 30, 06 6:54 am  · 
 · 
FOG Lite

Damn, my DofRU is way out of date! I have the pre-copernican version, thought that was the only kind.

Jan 30, 06 7:03 am  · 
 · 
French

ask caroline or cyril ;)

Jan 30, 06 9:06 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: