Archinect
anchor

what's wrong here????

arqa

what does it mean when within an "in-school" weekend charette the jury is too high profile (facutly jury is really good and non faculty jury are being flown in from high places) while the student body expresses no interest because I go to a boring school and no one realizes what's going on. By the way, promotion has been horrible, and it's fair to say the jury expect boring entries.
The only thing I can think of is that something is going on within the realm of academia that's got nothing to do with the competition.... Or am I wrong and should I bust my balls and try to win?

Jan 18, 06 12:37 am
MMatt

I hate to think of being in a place where there were no peers who were interesting or challenging. And I'd think twice about spending thousands of dollars at such a place. It's not academia, it's not even your institution as a whole, it's the kind of students you are surrounding yourself with.

Your professors only push you so much, it's up to you (and on the periphery, your peers play an important role in this) to push yourself.

Of course you should bust your balls (winning is not the point). If you're not constantly pushing and improving yourself, you're wasting your damned time.

I'm somewhat afraid to ask, but what school are you at? (in Chicago, I presume?)

.mm

Jan 18, 06 2:11 am  · 
 · 
futureboy

MMatt i totally agree.
arqa ouch..gt outta there

Jan 18, 06 9:00 am  · 
 · 
evilplatypus

I went to a school in Chicago where we had a weekend charrette to kick off the semester that sounded exactly like what your describing....

Jan 18, 06 9:48 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: