· 
ochona

have you ever seen dallas
from a DC9 at night?
dallas is a jewel you know
dallas is a beauitful sight
dallas is a jungle
but dallas gives a beautiful light

jimmie dale gilmore ("mark it eight, dude") wrote that song but he wasn't from dallas, by the way...he was from lubbock.

Jan 15, 06 10:17 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

this isnt nam ochona there are rules!!!

Jan 15, 06 10:19 pm  · 
 · 
ross

I'm from dallas. been here a little over 2 years now...

Jan 16, 06 2:10 am  · 
 · 
tinydancer

what do you want to know?

Jan 16, 06 9:43 am  · 
 · 
A

I wish I were an oil barron cowboy.

Jan 16, 06 1:35 pm  · 
 · 
jitter12

Just got out a couple of years ago. Spent 10 years there. Miss some things. Don't miss the traffic.

Jan 17, 06 10:07 am  · 
 · 
ochona

i grew up in a suburb of fort worth. i can count on two hands the number of times we crossed the dallas county line when i was a kid. most of what i know about dallas geography comes from the fact that fort worth and dallas get the same TV stations. our impression of dallas was that it was a crime-ridden pothole-pockmarked cesspool of corruption, racial tension, and really bad schools. plus there's that smell when you're driving into dallas on 30 from the west. i think the freeway goes past a sewage plant or something.

from what i hear dallas is still a crime-ridden pothole-pockmarked cesspool of corruption, racial tension, and really bad schools. whereas fort worth is one of america's safest cities and it is home to the single greatest building built in america during the 20th century.

Jan 17, 06 10:57 am  · 
 · 
jitter12

that smell is the Trinity River

Jan 17, 06 11:19 am  · 
 · 
ryanj

where did you grow up ochona, im from hurst?

for the most part she is correct about dallas being a crime-ridden pothole-pockmarked cesspool of corruption, racial tension, and really bad schools, only now they're going to have three calatrava designed bridges which are prescribed to do everything for the city but cure cancer.

if you are looking for a place to live stick to the fort worth side. It costs less to live and the housing market downtown is really booming. the city is at that point where it is growing rapidly yet still affordable for most to live downtown if they choose. several historic buildings are being renovated into apartments so you could probably find a pretty affordable place. Also, downtown fort worth is expected to stimulate as many new jobs as downtown dallas over the next five years, to a base only half its size.

Plus: http://www.mostlivable.org/cities/ftworth/home.html

Jan 17, 06 11:34 am  · 
 · 
pecovat

Work in Dallas, live in the <shudder> 'burbs. Ride the DART to help a little with the funky air.

Jan 17, 06 11:54 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: