Archinect
anchor

Ah Ha !

Nevermore

Architects have been voted the sexiest male professionals in a survey of women's ideal partners.

The survey, conducted by the introduction agency Drawing Down the Moon, found that women favoured architects “due to the esteem associated with the profession”.

Architects are seen as being “balanced and rounded individuals who combine a creative approach with a caring, thoughtful disposition”, the survey found. It concluded: “Their ability to cope with pressure of work in a relaxed manner was also deemed to be a significant plus.”

Male architects beat stockbrokers, doctors, film directors and teachers on the top spot.

However female members of the profession fared less well and did not feature in the top 10 out of male preferences.

RIBA president David Rock commented that architects were probably unaware of their animal magnetism: “Architects were probably the only group on the list whose self-image is lower than their public image”, he said, but added: “Mind you, you have to question the veracity of any list that includes drama teachers”.

RIBA Architecture Gallery director Alicia Pivaro, who is married to architect Paul Monaghan, said she thaugt male architects were highly attractive: “Being married to the architecture's Mr Sexy, I would have to agree.”

But she was surprised at the failiure of women architects to appear on the list. “All the ones I know are very sexy”, she said.

Men instead voted PR executives the sexiest profession for females, followed by actresses and journalists.

http://forum.indianarchitecture.net/index.php?showtopic=116

:)

Jan 11, 06 2:26 am
guiggster

Wow...women really ARE out of touch with reality.

“due to the esteem associated with the profession”. Whaaaa?

By the way, anyone know the source of the article?

Jan 11, 06 6:51 am  · 
 · 
BLK

well that really makes me more confident, though, but the 80 % of women i know have no clue wath an architect does

Jan 11, 06 7:31 am  · 
 · 
vado retro
Jan 11, 06 7:35 am  · 
 · 

the article is from about 1998 and I think it came out in BD (UK)... Check this news item...

Jan 11, 06 8:45 am  · 
 · 
Emerson123

I don't get the "balanced and rounded individuals." I would like to meet that guy, because all the architects I've known have been obsessive. Granted, that is in an academic environment, but still.

Jan 11, 06 9:38 am  · 
 · 
spiderdad

"ability to cope with pressure of work in a relaxed manner...."

Right... we're all so cool as cucumbers.

Jan 11, 06 11:37 am  · 
 · 
Colm

I stopped reading when I got to the part that read...

"you have to question the veracity of any list that includes drama teachers”.

Call me elitist, but Drama Teachers?!

Jan 11, 06 1:05 pm  · 
 · 
A Center for Ants?

apparently it was done by some professional match-making service in the UK.

and just to note i thought this thread was about this:

Jan 11, 06 2:51 pm  · 
 · 
erin

i did read an article recently about artistic types being more sexually active than other more straight-laced professions....

am kind of disappointed though that men didn't see female architects as a top sexy profession...but then again i would assume that "super model" would be the ultimate winner of that category...

Jan 11, 06 3:12 pm  · 
 · 
evilplatypus

Thats funny - I was at a bar in Chicago last year after work probably looking more like a broker and when in conversation with a pleasent looking Trixie I told her I was an Architect, I watched her face sag with disappointment as she said only, "Oh".

Jan 11, 06 3:27 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

Maybe "Trixie" was an interior decorator?

Jan 11, 06 3:33 pm  · 
 · 
le bossman

ah, but aren't all trixies pretty much just gold diggers? i thought that the whole premise of being a trixie was just to find a rich man to toy around with. she had probably done the whole architect thing.

Jan 11, 06 3:40 pm  · 
 · 
Heather Ring

I wonder what the sexiest male profession is to female architects? Think it would still be architect?

But here it is, erin --
the big bang theory of art ...

Jan 11, 06 3:42 pm  · 
 · 
le bossman

yeah this is all great but what about the riddler-suit man?

Jan 11, 06 3:44 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

This female architect would find a carpenter to be sexiest. One who would build me everything of which I dream.

Heather, you need to also answer your own question please!

Jan 11, 06 3:47 pm  · 
 · 
brian buchalski

aren't anchormen supposed to be the sexiest?

and bossman, where did you get those clothes?...at the toilet store?

Jan 11, 06 3:48 pm  · 
 · 
post-neorealcrapismist

i'm not sure if you know me, but i am kind of a big deal.

i have many leather bound books.

my appartment smells of rich mahogony

i have found i am seen as "sexiest" when i wear some SEX PANTHER.
it is made with real bits of panther, so YOU know its good!

Jan 11, 06 5:00 pm  · 
 · 
le bossman

riddler-suit man! yeah!

Jan 11, 06 5:12 pm  · 
 · 
Heather Ring

Hmm. Well, if maybe I met a landscape architect like Mark Ruffalo (not the most generous screenshot from A.T.) ...

Otherwise ... I dunno. I'm surprised musician didn't make the top of the list. I mean, what girl wouldn't swoon for this boy? Hands off! He's MINE mine mine swoon ............

Pirate seems like a sexy profession. Or maybe a figure drawer that wants to draw you? Requisite scene for every cheesy chick-flick.

Jan 11, 06 9:34 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

Well, of course Heather I forgot to mention that my dream sexy carpenter looks like this:

Can I borrow your tape.....?

Jan 11, 06 9:38 pm  · 
 · 
Ms Beary

My ideal profession of a sexy man is...

Jan 11, 06 9:41 pm  · 
 · 
Ms Beary

where did you get that pic Lib Bell??????

Anyways, it is.... a writer, I guess. A master of language.

Jan 11, 06 9:42 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell
pittcenter.com

, of course.

Brad is a master of body language, Strawbeary! Screw words....

Jan 11, 06 9:51 pm  · 
 · 
Ms Beary

I'm speechless myself

Jan 11, 06 9:53 pm  · 
 · 
Ms Beary

YOWZAAA

Jan 11, 06 9:54 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

may i remind you ladies, you are married :(

Jan 11, 06 10:17 pm  · 
 · 
Ms Beary

oh

that's right.

and my man beats brad any day!

Jan 11, 06 10:19 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

my brad pitt. only my brad pitt seems to be in better films...

Jan 11, 06 10:47 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

oh and my george clooney...

Jan 11, 06 10:49 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

What was this thread about again? I got lost in the pics of beautiful people.

And 12 Mokeys was a good film.

Jan 11, 06 10:50 pm  · 
 · 
myriam

Heather, I actually know an architect who looks JUST like that andrew bird dude! weird...

Jan 12, 06 12:13 am  · 
 · 
brian buchalski

i might be mistaken, but i believe this is a photo of a very young brad pitt in one of his early experimental films...called the leaf blower, it was made in canada and it is ostensibly where he first met frank gehry

personally, i've become very fond of the fsu cowgirls...

i think i went to the wrong school...

by the way, jenn (on the right in the latter photo) wants to be a lawyer and is currently without a boyfriend because they can't seem to handle her sudden fame...no wwwwword on whether or not she digggggs architecccccts

dammmmnn........whyyyy arrrrree these keys sudddddenllllly stickkkkkinggggg????

Jan 12, 06 12:44 am  · 
 · 
vado retro

hello cowgirl in the sand
is this place at your command?
can i stay here for awhile
can i touch your sweet sweet smile
old enough now to change your name
when so many love you is it the same
its the womanin you that makes u want to
play this game...

Jan 12, 06 6:52 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: