Archinect
anchor

oudoor art

stillframe

Does any one have any suggestions for art that can be hung or placed in an outdoor patio of a restaurant. In Los Angeles.

Dec 24, 05 9:09 pm
mdler

richard serra

Dec 25, 05 12:11 am  · 
 · 
paperboy

If you are looking to commission work from an artist/architect in LA I would recommend checking out the student work from local schools. I know I would be interested in designing a custom piece for a restaurant If the opportunity came up.

Dec 25, 05 5:34 pm  · 
 · 
stillframe

Richard Serra seems interesting--although, I'm thinking the space available might be too limiting for what I have seen of his work. I could be wrong.

Dec 26, 05 4:43 am  · 
 · 
corntree

I agree with paperboy. It's a win-win for everybody. Give the students a plan, dimesional limitations for their design and give the winner a invite w/ free meal on openning night, Photo w/ artist and their piece in the patio could go in local papers, etc. This just reeks w/ good karma.

Dec 26, 05 8:40 pm  · 
 · 
stillframe

thanks paperboy and corntree, I am in agreement as well.

Dec 26, 05 8:52 pm  · 
 · 
Janosh

Shit, as long as you are looking at Richard Serra, why not consider Michael Heizer? Sounds like you have a good sized patio.

Dec 26, 05 11:38 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

something such as a Harry Bertoia sound sculpture could be nice...what kind of restaurant??? where is it located???

Dec 27, 05 1:32 am  · 
 · 
abracadabra

heizer and serra would break your bank. go with the big boy. better art anyway.

Dec 27, 05 9:43 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: