Archinect
anchor

how an foreign architect work in us?

am an registered architect in Egypt have 2 years experience and plan to go to us

how can i work as an architect in us?

waiting for your advice,

Dec 9, 11 12:03 pm
sameolddoctor

Bad timing, especially when a lot of architects educated and experienced in the US do not have any work...

Dec 9, 11 10:39 pm  · 
 · 

mmmm,but what the ideal steps in my case to work in US

Dec 10, 11 4:34 am  · 
 · 
ARCHCareersGuide.com
cipyboy

.. or take a good Post professional degree in the U.S. like, say, the GSAPP, etc

Jan 27, 12 2:09 am  · 
 · 
med.

Have you tried applying to any of the US firms that you might be interested?  Hopefully you sent them a cover letter with better grammar than what you posted?

Just saying.  You will thank me later.

Jan 27, 12 11:15 am  · 
 · 
goldenoldie

Stay where you are!  You'll soon have a better chance of getting work with a US Architect through the outsourcing of jobs....

Jan 27, 12 10:53 pm  · 
 · 
morino suror

can you please explain to us more about outsourcing jobs :)

Aug 13, 18 1:50 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur
  • Step 1, google "out sourcing architecture jobs"
  • Step 2, choose the first link to an archinect forum and reply regardless of the age of the post (ie 6 years)
  • Step 3, profit!
Aug 13, 18 1:55 pm  · 
 · 
Sarayu

Guys, I have a big question. How tough or easy would it be to get a license if I have a professional degree in Architecture in India, and a non professional degree in USA? Really need some help. What process would I have to go through?

Oct 8, 16 4:30 am  · 
 · 
geezertect

Everybody wants to know what stateroom to reserve on the Titanic, but nobody is asking whether it's going to be a good voyage.  Mystifying.

Oct 8, 16 10:20 am  · 
1  · 
raniqasem

I am an american citizen and i took the bachelor's degree in architecture out board of the USA, so i want to know it is necessary to take the license to find a job in the states? if yes, what i have to do to take the license to work in the USA.

Feb 1, 19 12:31 am  · 
 · 
farieddebruyns

Does plan approval take long in the USA? 

Nov 20, 20 4:32 pm  · 
 · 
monosierra

First you'd need an American employer to jump through the hoops to sponsor you. The chances of an American firm doing this for a foreign graduate with no American experience is slim as you will be competing against foreign graduates of US universities. Say you somehow convince an American company to hire you over American citizens or foreign graduates, the most likely scenario would be working as production workhorses for minimal pay.

Nov 20, 20 5:27 pm  · 
2  · 
payalptl714

Hi, 

I am currently in the process of applying to New York State education department for architecture initial licensure. I know there are multiple process to this but what I want to know is once education and professional evaluation is completed and approved by the board - I would then be required to complete AXP and then ARE. My confusion and concern is here. As an international/ foreign nationality would I require sponsorship independently to complete AXP and ARE. I am totally confused and NYSED are not helpful on this. Anyone who has gone through the initial licence process (as a non USA resident/citizen) in NYS or any other States I would be extremely grateful for your guidance. 

Mar 7, 24 9:02 am  · 
 · 
Immigrant Developer

If you can't stay legally you need sponsorship. PERIOD

AXP is WORKING hours by a licensed architect.

Mar 7, 24 4:46 pm  · 
1  · 
arnoldtailor

also I've got an architecture degree from India and another non-professional one from the US. Trying to figure out how to get licensed here. Is it a tough road? What steps should I look out for? Any tips or shared experiences would be super helpful.

Mar 8, 24 3:40 am  · 
 · 
cipyboy

You need to be allowed to work in the US before thinking about all of those other things. 

As much as there are other paths to licensure, the main path is that you will have to complete the educational, AXP, and Exam requirements in order for you to be an architect. and all of those have - sub requirements on their own. Like actually working for a U.S. architect for your AXP. Having your degree evaluated. Etc. 

All of which are usually managed by NCARB. You can start going thru their website. 

Mar 8, 24 6:34 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: