Archinect
anchor

i wanna talk about music

xtbl

BISMILAH NO!!!!

awwww, now that is disappointing to hear, dammson.

Jun 5, 08 4:58 pm  · 
 · 
lletdownl

HOLY CRAP ITS...

MUXTAPE 8

http://lletdownl8.muxtape.com/

really like this one... be sure to check out The Mae Shi... and the incredible Enon song "Disposable Parts"

Jun 12, 08 11:52 am  · 
 · 
idiotwind

bob dylan

Jun 13, 08 6:01 pm  · 
 · 
heavymetalarchitecture

If anyone is lucky enough to find George Harrison's "concert for bangladesh" album, it will rock your face off. leon russel singing jumping jack flash. amazing. the first ever concert raising funds for a cause.

Jun 13, 08 6:46 pm  · 
 · 
strlt_typ

i've been 'mixing' music with youtube. two browsers open, both with youtube. while one is playing, i'll be searching for the next song to blend in on the other. the challenging part is, of course, beat synchronization by pressing the play button at the right time. i've also tried mixing one of those homemade videos of some guy playing the drums of a song with a homemade video of another guy playing guitar of the same song. it works if they're both playing along with the original track in the background to maintain the proper tempo...

Jun 17, 08 12:49 am  · 
 · 
xtbl

ha ha ha ha, dammson, that is pretty cool.

Jun 17, 08 1:01 am  · 
 · 
n_

Portishead: Third

I think the album cover is beautiful:

Sooooooo damn good. I listened to the entire album three times today at work.

Jun 19, 08 10:57 pm  · 
 · 
idiotwind

does anyone like the stripes?

Jun 19, 08 11:02 pm  · 
 · 
binary

detroit WHAT!!!

Jun 19, 08 11:34 pm  · 
 · 
ryanj

i like when they canceled acl last year, making way for muse to move into the closing act...te he he

Jun 19, 08 11:39 pm  · 
 · 
ryanj

i kid. they're a great band. they just couldn't have topped [url=
this]http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=grYnqwuTPas]this[/url][/url]

Jun 19, 08 11:42 pm  · 
 · 
idiotwind

they headlined with bob dylan.. i saw jack white play one more cup of coffee while dylan played keyboards..

Jun 20, 08 4:30 am  · 
 · 
idiotwind

stripes top muse

Jun 20, 08 4:32 am  · 
 · 
ryanj

maybe, but not that night...

Jun 20, 08 11:23 am  · 
 · 
xtbl

i haven't seen white strips, but i've seen raconteurs. totally different band, but they put on a good show.

i'm not a big muse fan, but i did see them once, and they put on a hell of a show.

oh, and sigur ros is touring north america this fall!!!

Jun 20, 08 1:57 pm  · 
 · 
ryanj

Yes, the Raconteurs are pretty good live. I'm not the biggest Muse fan either but they tear up live like no one I've ever seen...

Speaking of Sigur Ros, they're playing with Death Cab, FF, Interpol in Southwold, UK at the Latitude Festival at the same time I'm going to be 60 miles west in Cambridge!!...If only it wasn't $200/day.

...why does everything in the UK have to be so bloody expensive...ugh

Jun 20, 08 2:07 pm  · 
 · 
idiotwind

rock and motherfucking roll

Jun 21, 08 3:34 am  · 
 · 
ArchiWoody

Sum41
I like their style

Jun 22, 08 2:22 am  · 
 · 
idiotwind

sum41 is terrible. i hope you are joking, woody.

Jun 22, 08 11:39 pm  · 
 · 
ryanj

wow, i haven't heard anything new from that band since Fat Lip/In Too Deep

Jun 22, 08 11:50 pm  · 
 · 
strlt_typ

if you're in nyc and like carcass, they're playing on september 6. tickets go on sale july 11..

Jul 1, 08 9:34 pm  · 
 · 

I will be seeing Boris and Wolves in the Throne Room in about a week and a half!!

Jul 2, 08 9:18 am  · 
 · 
xtbl

i'm really digging the new my morning jacket album, evil urges.

Jul 3, 08 2:52 pm  · 
 · 
xtbl

it's got kind of soul/country/western flavors in it. it's really good.

Jul 3, 08 2:52 pm  · 
 · 
musiknouveau27

Currently am in love with Hiromi Uehara. She truly has a sound and style that stands alone.

Plus she's cute and badass at the same time!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VXkBi5CzRJc&feature=related

Jul 3, 08 4:28 pm  · 
 · 
stephanie

i'm going to ATP NY and they just added to the line up today!
bardo pond performing lapsed!
les savy fav!
sonic boom!
alexander tucker!

Jul 3, 08 4:32 pm  · 
 · 
xtbl

awesome. you get to see yo la tengo.

Jul 3, 08 4:51 pm  · 
 · 
idiotwind

has anyone heard of the parlor mob? they're from jersey and are getting larger by the minute.

Jul 3, 08 8:51 pm  · 
 · 
idiotwind

look up the song "tide of tears"

Jul 3, 08 8:52 pm  · 
 · 
xtbl

i like!

Jul 3, 08 10:57 pm  · 
 · 
binary

i missed de la soul yesterday at the detroit cityfest....friggin rain

Jul 3, 08 10:59 pm  · 
 · 
binary

actally if you get a hold of any mixtape thats sponsered by scion...good shit..... quality hip hop/jazzy/chill feel....

and they are free....

b

Jul 3, 08 11:01 pm  · 
 · 
xtbl
one day as a lion
Jul 16, 08 4:17 am  · 
 · 

ratatat deserves a shoutout

Jul 16, 08 4:54 am  · 
 · 

Stephanie...
That is wicked and i am officially jealous. It took me forever to finally get my hands on some Bardo Pond material..

Also, i am going to see a reunited Tribe Called Quest and Pahrcyde!!!
At Rock the Bells Miami....

Jul 16, 08 8:08 am  · 
 · 
Say No to Student Loans

Did the White Stripes move out of the Detroit area? I think they claimed the scene was too inert and dispersed- relocating to Nashville

Jul 16, 08 12:34 pm  · 
 · 
idiotwind

yeah jack was doing some stuff with loretta lyn. also, that is where the raconteurs are located.

Jul 17, 08 2:16 am  · 
 · 
n_

Yep, they now live in Nashville. I've had a few Jack White sightings the past year. I frequently see Jack Lawrence of The Raconteurs. He's always at the Red Door on the east side if you are ever in town.

Jul 19, 08 10:52 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

Hi n____________!!! have a SlOgInFiZzY!!!

Jul 20, 08 12:13 am  · 
 · 
strlt_typ

saw carcass and suffocation last night at the house of anything but the blues. the other bands were 1349, aborted, and rotten sound.

suffocation played some classics. carcass played a few classics but the setlist was mostly post-necroticism.

Sep 19, 08 10:14 pm  · 
 · 
strlt_typ
carrie and fred write the perfect song

Sep 19, 08 10:32 pm  · 
 · 
xtbl

fishbone and the suicidal tendencies rocked the shit out of me on saturday @ the we the people festival in los angeles.

the concert was held @ the los angeles state historic park in the chinatown neighborhood.

i wish i would have taken pictures. it was really cool seeing the metro gold line train rush by the stages.

Sep 29, 08 8:18 pm  · 
 · 

I recently saw a solo show ft Apple Gabriel foundng member of Israel Vibrations... It was bad ass. His stage presence was show big you couln't even tell he had polio (and was semi-disabled) except for the cane.

Also, at work and such i hae been listening to much more metal/doom etc than hiphop and reggae lately. Usually stuff with a lot of percussion, bass and beat are my get work done music. Maybe it is the change in weather to almost fall. But i have been domming out...

Sep 30, 08 8:19 am  · 
 · 
xtbl

oh dude, i love israel vibration. i saw them a few months ago.

Sep 30, 08 11:18 am  · 
 · 

I didn't realize they were stil t ouring as themselves...

After a little research i gather that Apple decided to break off from the group in 1997 and start his own solo career.

Sep 30, 08 11:50 am  · 
 · 
xtbl

ah, interesting. i'll have to check out his solo stuff.

so what have you been dooming out to?

Sep 30, 08 12:00 pm  · 
 · 

Xasthur, Sunn 00))), Glowing, Irepress, Isis, Burzum mostly via a Pandora channel, which also occasionally plays some of th eheavier Elf Power and Sonic Youth etc tunes....

Sep 30, 08 12:55 pm  · 
 · 

The coolest thing about Apple's show was something i had never seen/experienced before.
The entire set list (including the in between chatter with the audience) was built around a narrative story of a boy growing up as a rud eboy in the ghetto and then moving upwards in life both in terms of maturing but also in terms of wisdom and finding respect for god and one love for man...

It was quite interesting..

Sep 30, 08 1:08 pm  · 
 · 
idiotwind

the mars volta is pretty sweet

Sep 30, 08 6:23 pm  · 
 · 
strlt_typ

i bought jenny lewis' acid tongue the other day. like her previous album, rabbit fur coat, it's a thematic and stylistic album. the songs are mimicries of southern rock/blues/soul and country jams as if jenny lewis was saying "yeah, i understand that style and its nuances"

every song is a "this sounds like" moment.

Oct 1, 08 3:23 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: