Archinect
anchor

same-sex marriage approved by Canadian Senate

johndevlin
here

Jul 20, 05 7:04 am
melivt

wicked. i have quite a few canadian friends who are gay. if trashy nova scotians can fu*k up a marriage, i say, gay people should have the same opportunity. congrats canada. way to grow a pair. too bad my nation is run by conservative dick(s) that would rather espouse hate and anger than promote equal rights. you know, i keep hoping that one day, falwell is raped by a huge guy, and comes to accept his blatantly gay tendencies.

Jul 20, 05 11:18 am  · 
 · 
ericMontross

bravo.

i think kinky friedman put it best when he said,

"I support gay marriage. I believe they have a right to be as miserable as the rest of us."

Jul 20, 05 11:37 am  · 
 · 
e

way to go canada.

Jul 20, 05 1:13 pm  · 
 · 
A

I'm wondering what a public vote of Canadians would reveal.

In the US elections last November every state that had a ballot measure on gay marriage voted against it by rather large margins. I think a national [USA] vote would have similar results.

Personally I haven't cared enough about the issue - i.e. there are bigger problems that gov't should be worrying about. I just have quite a few friends in Canada and none of them are happy or pleased about this. Then again, none of them hail from Toronto or Montreal. I've heard that BC and AB are more conservative provinces...maybe.

Jul 20, 05 1:34 pm  · 
 · 
geno

i wonder if canada will grant 'marital refugee' status to gay americans wanted to immigrate.

Jul 20, 05 1:46 pm  · 
 · 
rabbits

Rad, any Canadians want to marry me? F this USA BS.

-andrew

Jul 20, 05 8:35 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: