Archinect
anchor

Addressing our need for speed

Sebring

I was thinking it would be great to develop a drag strip in Compton, California, near the boundary of Carson, in the wharehouse strip.

Jul 20, 05 1:21 am
johndevlin

(everyone does not live in California or know what on earth you are talking about)

Jul 20, 05 1:23 am  · 
 · 
sameolddoctor

sebring, i am with you for this idea...but it could be cooler....a semi-illegal drag strip (should look like that anyways)...
the streets of compton would definately give it that feel....rough and gritty...

Jul 20, 05 1:43 am  · 
 · 
whistler

I am in the middle of a design / master plan for a speedway / racetrack in British Columbia. Its also the home site of a very big country music festival rated by some magazine as the best place in North America to "hook Up".

Red Necks and Race Cars.....Yee Ha!

Jul 20, 05 11:55 am  · 
 · 
sameolddoctor

but the LA street racing scene has little or nothing to do with rednecks and their muscle cars
what you can see here is people with mainly asian+hispanic descent 'hooking up' their nissan's, toyotas and honda civics with NOS.
so much for the 'need for speed' generation

Jul 20, 05 12:06 pm  · 
 · 
e

was it corb who said "speed is freedom."

Jul 20, 05 12:11 pm  · 
 · 
MysteryMan

You've definitely got a motivation to speed through Compton...until nobody can afford Lawndale, or Carson.

Jul 20, 05 12:43 pm  · 
 · 
Jr.

I'd really like to know which school studio it is that is redesigning the L.A. So far we have a space for universal worship, a drag strip, a theater/art/dining community...Is this a summer studio at UCLA/USC/Sci-ARC?

Jul 20, 05 12:45 pm  · 
 · 
A Center for Ants?

is this what corbu had in mind?

Jul 20, 05 3:17 pm  · 
 · 
driftwood

I hate ricers.

Jul 20, 05 3:26 pm  · 
 · 
momentum

but i love that photo

Jul 20, 05 3:27 pm  · 
 · 
3ifs

ummm, whistler, i believe you mean:

Yeee Haw!

Jul 20, 05 3:45 pm  · 
 · 
whistler

eh!... I'm mean Ha-a-a-a-a. Or something like that. yes!

Jul 20, 05 6:20 pm  · 
 · 
sameolddoctor

i hate ricer cars...and ricer racers....but the ricer chicks are cool

Jul 20, 05 6:33 pm  · 
 · 
fen-om

Yes, very interesting, snjr. I've started to track these as well, since I saw the 'new people' topic. I would like to know what distinguishes Carson, and whether you mean 'in the warehouses' or 'in the warehouse district', Sebring.

Jul 22, 05 12:29 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: