Archinect
anchor

new fed bldg in san francisco

betamax

hey-

i'm in SF for a couple days. i would like to check out the new fed. bldg but i'm confused as to where it is actually...

is it at city hall off the civic center stop off the BART? or is it somewhere around mission and 7th?

also...any other architecture anyone can suggest would be great...i've exhausted the previous SF sites posts...looking for additional ideas.

thanks.

Jul 18, 05 10:43 pm
e

i believe it's around mission and 7th.

Jul 18, 05 10:46 pm  · 
 · 
juan moment

Yep, it's located at Mission and 7th st. directly across from the US Court of Appeals and next to the methadone clinic.

Jul 18, 05 11:13 pm  · 
 · 
bothands

Pretty hard to miss from any part of the city South of Market!

Jul 18, 05 11:52 pm  · 
 · 
Bryan Finoki

bothands nailed it.

this is a billboard panopticon (if you can imagine it, and if not you will soon see) that has vantages litterally down every street, every neighborhood, not just SOMA (but for SOMA residents closing your bedroom window is a full time neccessity now. go to the top of nob hill and this thing watches you, go the western addition, the mission... it's quite freaky actually. to see how a building could be so strategically placed to take such a vantage over a city as small as SF. creepiest addition to this landscape ever, considering how hard it is to get things built around here too.....

Jul 19, 05 12:24 am  · 
 · 
lizok

Check out the new De Young museum in Golden Gate park too. It's the new herzog & de meuron... you might have to jump a few fences to see it up close, but the security is used to that - archi students have been sneaking around it through the entire construction process.

Jul 19, 05 1:07 am  · 
 · 
momentum

does anyone know how close the De Yound and Federal Building are to being finished?

Jul 19, 05 11:19 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: