Archinect
anchor

Nudist Camp

juice major

Designing a nudist camp...any potential? would luv your opinion on that pls.

Jul 18, 05 9:42 am

Wow, are you really designing a nudist camp?

Jul 18, 05 9:58 am  · 
 · 
momentum

Q: who is the most popular guy at the nudist camp?

A: the guy who can carry two cups of coffee and 12 donuts.

Q: who is the most popular girl at the nudist camp?

A: the girl who can get the last donut.

Jul 18, 05 10:05 am  · 
 · 
juice major

yeh a nudist camp in an urban setting as a form of an urbanism of negotiation...make sense?

Jul 18, 05 10:19 am  · 
 · 
rutger

I'm not a big Mies fan but in this case...
Less is more

Jul 18, 05 10:24 am  · 
 · 
lletdownl

not a mies fan? oh no! haha, at my school, you get shot for saying such things...
rutger thanks for the info on delft
but about the nudist camp thing, i have always found paper walls to be incredible... they are private enough, but allow the life that is inside the room to reach other places in the space, it could be interesting as far as interaction and negotiation if there were visible figures at certain intersections with the city...

i can just see it now...

where is this camp by the way?

Jul 18, 05 10:47 am  · 
 · 
momentum

voyuerism in architecture

Jul 18, 05 10:50 am  · 
 · 
AP

ya, transparency for sure. Visual privacy (or at least silhouettes) without acoustical privacy (for the interior space).

Outside, lots of good seating (read: naked a*s must be comfy) around the pool, walls to keep out unwanted voyuers, and for increased privacy, little poolside cabana-thingees with linen sheets or something...

sounds like a really fun project.

Jul 18, 05 11:05 am  · 
 · 
juice major

the site would prefably be in a busy site...like in the city maybe? of course this is the initial idea...would be fun to deal with all the bureaucracy and stuff!

Jul 18, 05 11:54 am  · 
 · 
AP

probably no different than any private club... As long as you keep it from pouring out onto the street...

Jul 18, 05 12:35 pm  · 
 · 
A Center for Ants?

oooh. backlit silhouettes of naked people. so you can see the shadows from the outside. that's hot.

Jul 18, 05 12:55 pm  · 
 · 

hmm is this to be in an outdoor or an urban setting - i think that would be one of the major challenges. I think if it were urban it could be treated like a Roman bath

Jul 18, 05 7:03 pm  · 
 · 

I've been to clothing optional resorts and one of the things i do find amusing is the tension between those participating and those watching/monitoring or attempting to participate for the first time. It is something i've always felt has a very spatial quality to it and worth investigating

Jul 18, 05 7:07 pm  · 
 · 

Hmm obviously this is something dear to my uhmm...heart. What are the essential qualities of a nudist camp? Asside from being naked its being naked outside.

Jul 18, 05 7:09 pm  · 
 · 
Suture

For precedent, I would definately suggest you look at the work of Bernard.

i hear lots of nudist camp people will be asking the ladies to, "Tschumi your tits."

Jul 18, 05 11:08 pm  · 
 · 
juice major

interesting comment from you all....suture luv tht 'tschumi your tit'

hmm...roman bath...worth investigating. and also the essential qualities!

more work for me.

Jul 19, 05 6:50 am  · 
 · 
geno

my campus is bordered on one side by a giant nudist beach. it's been there for decades and has more or less become it's own little town. it's a great studio break, however it doesn't take long to realize that attractive people DON'T go to nudist camps in North America.

Jul 19, 05 8:04 am  · 
 · 

geno, what campus?

Jul 19, 05 8:51 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: