Archinect
anchor

AUTOCAD Paper Space Question

SHR

I am working in AutoCAD 2000(don't ask why).
I am making 2 files. Namely the original file and the sheet file. I do all my changes in the original file and xref that file to compose a sheet file in paper space. As, there are a lot of hatches and plines with varying thicknesses I adjusted them in the Display order in the original file.

Now, for some reason the display order that I had changed in the original doesn't take effect as soon as I xref the original file in order to make sheets.
Is there a way to maintain the display order in the sheet file to be consistant to the original?

Jul 15, 05 12:56 pm
b3tadine[sutures]

not in 2000.

why are you xrefing to paperspace?

Jul 15, 05 1:19 pm  · 
 · 
SHR

Its an office policy.

Jul 15, 05 1:25 pm  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

ugh.

Jul 15, 05 1:28 pm  · 
 · 
jitter12

2 options, since we do the same thing.

1. move the hatches to a different drawing, and xref it separately. Then do the draworder in paperspace.

2. In the original drawing, get it how you want it. Make sure all layers are on, and BMAKE the whole thing. Then WBLOCK it to another file (we do filename-dr). Close all files, and then rename the -dr file to the original file (don't forget to rename the original, just in case). When you refresh the xref, the draworder should be right.

What sucks is that any changes require the whole process be done over. We've become pretty fast at it. Option 1 works best for hatches and shades only.

Jul 15, 05 1:39 pm  · 
 · 
SHR

Thanks a ton jitter...

Jul 15, 05 1:52 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: