Archinect
anchor

fetish objects

gerhard

a general place to discuss fetish objects for the architect.

in particular, i need to buy a scale on which to stand and a cd rack for a few hundred CDs.

i live in the US.

nothing is acceptable to my highly refined taste.

please help.

Jun 10, 04 12:16 am
mdler

I-pod

Jun 10, 04 12:19 am  · 
 · 
todd

my calculator

Jun 10, 04 1:03 am  · 
 · 
gerhard

i have an ipod and a beautiful radio shack calculator.

i need a scale and a cd-rack. please. suggest.

Jun 10, 04 1:11 am  · 
 · 
tman

make ur own cd rack

Jun 10, 04 1:15 am  · 
 · 
tman

btw, i was posing a question not a command

Jun 10, 04 1:16 am  · 
 · 
gerhard

i am lazy, so that's a nice suggestion, but hopeless. i am very affected and need some help with my high end tastes.

just one question: what would israel buy, if he had the money? what would herzog buy if he had the money?

Jun 10, 04 1:16 am  · 
 · 
douglas

That last question is weird. Sounds like something Philip G. would ask.

Jun 10, 04 10:18 am  · 
 · 
gerhard

please don't confuse us. i am much more germanic that Philip G. while he would be happy with an old sony cd player, i would want one of these: http://www.stereophile.com/analogsourcereviews/498/

but really, i need a scale and all the ones i've seen are plug ugly. i need to look at the thing every morning when i measure my fat ass.

i also need a cd-rack. i have too many.

Jun 10, 04 11:24 am  · 
 · 
mdler

you have an I-pod, why do you need a cd rack???

Jun 10, 04 9:12 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

ron arad book worm. I believe Kartel makes it

Jun 10, 04 9:15 pm  · 
 · 
sen

the stereophile thing is overkill, go retro and save yourself some $$

Jun 11, 04 12:44 am  · 
 · 
gerhard

ron arad bookworm ... now you are thinking. find me a decent cd-rack and a bathroom scale!!

Jun 11, 04 3:47 am  · 
 · 
Jeremy

rip em, sell used CD's, save up for a nice Eames Lounge chair to listen to your tunes in.

Jun 11, 04 1:41 pm  · 
 · 
gerhard

eames lounge chair? i already have too much eames.

so nobody has any ideas for scales or cd racks? as i suspected, the typical archinect user probably has an old couch from goodwill with one too many cigarette burns on it. decor doesn't matter when you're building another world in maya.

Jun 14, 04 4:33 pm  · 
 · 
jhopkins

i personally have too many pieces of rusty i-beams and chamfered steel tubes that i "salvaged" from the local scrap yard.

Jun 14, 04 4:48 pm  · 
 · 
duke19_98

I think that the typical archinect user has better things to do than give you decorating tips... especially for stupid items such as scales and a cd rack. Flaunting your vast collection of Cd's is so 1990. And if you'd get your fat ass of your non goodwill couch perhaps you wouldn't need a designer scale.

typical archinect user

Jun 14, 04 4:51 pm  · 
 · 
jhopkins

uhhh, have you read the whole thread?
i'm pretty sure this is all in good fun, but maybe that's just me being typical.

Jun 14, 04 5:04 pm  · 
 · 
sameolddoctor

my fetish object is the new BMW M3

guess will wait for 30 odd years to get it

Jun 14, 04 5:16 pm  · 
 · 
duke19_98

alas, perhaps I was a bit too hasty in replying...

oh well... here is a scale for you...I believe it measures body fat, and even comes with a golf club as well.

http://www.stacksandstacks.com/html/zoom4189.htm

Jun 14, 04 5:18 pm  · 
 · 
Dolores

Do breast implants read as body fat on those types of scales?
Either that or it's one of those really obese toddlers that are featured a lot on Oprah.

Jun 15, 04 6:53 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: