Archinect
anchor

Olympics 2012

harold

So, which city would you cast your vote on? I would go for New York for two reasons. Most stadiums, arenas and olympic village have a high architectural wow factor. And offcourse, there is no city in the world like New York. Paris on the other hand, wants to build temporary stadiums (big tents) which are kind of awkward for the olympics. If the Olympics would go to London, you would probably have empty stadiums like in Athens 2004. London is the most expensive city in the world.

Jul 5, 05 3:50 am
spiderdad

london.

just because.

Jul 5, 05 3:53 am  · 
 · 
Medit

I'd say Paris..

Jul 5, 05 3:56 am  · 
 · 
French

It's tricky since the constitution referendum to give a straigth answer. Before, I was sure it was going to be Paris. But since then, it seems that Blair is getting control on Europe, and it would be a nice match for him if London was hosting the olympics... But then again their project is so out of control in terms of budget that it wouldn't be reasonnable to go there...
I don't think New York will happen. They already have much problems to face and I'm not sure they will have time to deal with both the baseball stadium, the ground zero site and the olympics at the same time.

Jul 5, 05 5:43 am  · 
 · 
Sergio Lopez-Pineiro

it's going to be madrid. wait and see.

Jul 5, 05 7:44 am  · 
 · 
polipop

there is another thread about this.

Jul 5, 05 9:04 am  · 
 · 
raji

madrid

Jul 5, 05 1:19 pm  · 
 · 
Jefferson

Hopefully Madrid or Paris.

NYC's new imitation Ebbits Stadium blows...they don't deserve it.

Jul 5, 05 1:28 pm  · 
 · 
Oana S.

moscow, moscow, moscow...
i'm for adrenaline!

Jul 5, 05 6:10 pm  · 
 · 
LBG

nyc

Jul 5, 05 6:11 pm  · 
 · 
wangsta

there was a pretty decent article in WIRED last month about this. they covered each city and what their plans are if they are chosen. The article includes renderings of stadiums and support space etc... My vote is for Paris

Jul 5, 05 6:18 pm  · 
 · 
TED

just heard on the radio; nyc voted out.

london, paris, madrid remain......

Jul 6, 05 7:02 am  · 
 · 
TED

madrid out!!

Jul 6, 05 7:12 am  · 
 · 
Pete

London vs Paris.....

I would go for London, but on a pratical side, does london have decent summer weather? It would be horrible to host 2 weeks of games in the rain and cold unless everything is done indoors.

Jul 6, 05 7:16 am  · 
 · 
TED

its........

Jul 6, 05 7:48 am  · 
 · 
TED

its LONDON!~~~ YES

Jul 6, 05 7:49 am  · 
 · 
TED

AMEN AMEN AMEN!!! LET THE DESIGN COMPETITIONS BEGIN!

Jul 6, 05 7:49 am  · 
 · 
MONARK

LONDON in 2012

Jul 6, 05 7:54 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: