Archinect
anchor

humanitarian/volunteer work?

onecactus

Does anyone have any information concerning organizations for humanitarian architecture/construction work nationally (US) or internationally? I'm looking for an alternative to Habitat for Humanity and Architecture for Humanity doesn't have a presence where I am located. Just wondering if anyone had some information or experience concerning working or volunteering in this capacity. Thanks.

Jun 24, 05 2:05 pm
BluLiteSpcl6321

I prefer to use the fire department as a way to keep myself on my toes, and help save the last of the good architecture left in my town. Build them during the day, stop them from burning at night.

Jun 24, 05 2:37 pm  · 
 · 
4arch

so where are you located? i know of opportunities in Baltimore and Fayetteville, AK if you or anyone else is interested.

Jun 24, 05 2:53 pm  · 
 · 
indigo

I did a work-abroad program with IAESTE, http://www.iaeste.org/, which was really awesome, but I think is only open to undergrads. Not neccessarily humanitarian, but I think some positions are.

Jun 24, 05 3:20 pm  · 
 · 
onecactus

For the moment I'm in AZ. What kind of opportunities are there available in AK?

Jun 25, 05 4:56 pm  · 
 · 
Cameron

We did a small workshop at ASU last year but a most of the work is oversees.

Have you talked to Red Feather or see if you can donate your services to:

Dineh Cooperatives, Inc. (DCI)
P.O. Box 2060
Chinle, Navaho Nation, AZ 86503
(928) 674-3411

Chicanos Por La Causa (CPLC)
1112 East Buckeye Road
Phoenix, AZ 85034
(602) 257-0700

CPLC is the largest Community Design Center in the United States.

Jun 25, 05 5:16 pm  · 
 · 
Cameron

that would be overseas.... braindead today.

Jun 25, 05 5:19 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: