the obvious ... i.e. Ando's Museum the
Kimball and the Nasher ... thanks

Jun 23, 05 10:29 am
CalebRichers

daley plaza and the grassy knoll

Jun 23, 05 10:47 am  · 
 · 
ericMontross

if you're only there for a weekend there isn't time for much more than the obvious. The Kimball and Modern are in Fort Worth, which is pretty far. You won't want to visit them on the same day that you go to the Nasher.

Unless you've already seen these, stick w/ the obvious, because Dallas doesn't offer much else in terms of architecture.

I recomend going to Bob’s Steak & Chop House. I'm getting hungry just thinking about it.

Jun 23, 05 12:52 pm  · 
 · 
momentum

go break into the rachovsky house by meier. i'd say it is one of his most interesting works.

http://www.aegis.com/news/dmn/2005/DM050303.html

Jun 23, 05 1:22 pm  · 
 · 
momentum

oh, and while you are there, marvel at the amount of highways overpasses that come into play at interchanges. i am not saying they are interesting architecture, but for some reason or another when you have 6 tiers of highway, something has to be said for it. you can see a lot when driving on the top tiers.

also, pei did the city hall, and another building downtown if you are interested in his work. i believe close to the city hall is the police memorial as well. it is interesting, and would be something quick you could check out.

here is an image of pei's hall, and the meorial.

there is more, but my mind is blank.

Jun 23, 05 1:32 pm  · 
 · 
CalebRichers

take a look at downtown...hopefully in a few years it will be totally differant w/ oMA's and Foster's new opera house and theater

Jun 23, 05 1:49 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: