Archinect
anchor

Builders to work for

Toby

Any suggestions on builders/construction firms who work on/build good projects?

Jun 22, 05 9:53 am

are you looking for a builder for one of your projects? or are you looking for a place to work for the summer? where are you located? what kind of construction do you have in mind: residential, office towers, etc.?

this group can be pretty helpful, but you gotta give us more to go on. there are thousands of builders across the us, maybe even hundreds of thousands. and, for all we know, you may be in the uk...

Jun 22, 05 10:40 am  · 
 · 

oops, sorry, missed the thread title. still, though...give us some hints.

Jun 22, 05 11:13 am  · 
 · 

er, depends where you're at. In Chicago, WE Oneil is good. They have other offices, but the Chicago one does the best projects. In LA, go for Matt Construction as a first choice, or Turner if that doesn't work out. Also, I know that Plant Construction did the Prada store in Beverly Hills, so you might want to check them out.

Jun 22, 05 12:08 pm  · 
 · 
A Center for Ants?

in SoCal morley does a lot of pretty good work.

Jun 22, 05 12:32 pm  · 
 · 
Toby

Sorry, let me elaborate.
Looking for a builder/construction firm to work for. Not set on a particular area. Possibly Fl or NYc area. Looking for a firm that actually builds good buildings. I am not interested in a cookie house repetitions. I have a M.Arch and I want to get experience in the Building industry BUT only working for someone that builds contemporary architecture. So, I have no clue where to start....

Jun 22, 05 3:17 pm  · 
 · 
Toby

Anyone?

Jun 23, 05 2:31 pm  · 
 · 

find a project you like, then ask around about who built it. Call them up, interview. We tried giving you suggestions.

Jun 23, 05 2:44 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: