Archinect
anchor

How come we don't have an organized union?

urbanunplanner

Well yes actually - it was the Jesus prig that got me started. But this thread was just as ignorant it seems. I have very little respect for people in my profession because they're whiners. I went to school, got a job, worked my way up - and yes - take expensive vacations — all thanks to working hard and having actual talent. I don't waste countless hours typing bullshit on internet chat boards unlike the stunod who wrote before me.

Ignorant you say? Isn't that the unemployed credo of an under-talented under-paid architect? Go get some more attention from your parents, stop acting like the world is taking advantage of you and do something about it is all I'm saying. Go unionize - see what it will do for you - take a good look at the unions that are being scrutinized and potentially broken apart.

It's easy to challenge me - you don't know me - but it is more difficult to challenge a thought. But if you insist on having a thrice larger asshole, I'll make sure to be gentle.

May 28, 05 2:03 pm  · 
 · 
PFYS

Yo Burpin Planner, You got me wrong, Im no arch nor paper pusher..And in all likelihood Im much older than most here.Im more in Mologoms category,and deal with archs in my profession... If you want to carry on like you do why dont you post your real name and EMail address so all could know who's behind the juvenile posts that you make.. It would make you look real good to your peers..

May 28, 05 2:37 pm  · 
 · 
Janosh

Are you not whining now?

May 28, 05 2:39 pm  · 
 · 
jejuneie

hey mm whatever gets you through the day i'm sure you have a very prestigous difficult job that only the highly educated can get and it just so happens to be in a union. so good for you.

May 28, 05 5:48 pm  · 
 · 
urbanunplanner

PFYS - must be an older attorney, too old and fat to see his own penis. Juvenile? You cock-eared loser! You're one of the worst writers on this board. Are you new to grammar as well? Juvenile is when you rant and rave and don't make a point at all - and I've made several, none the least of which has been pointing out your post-op genital situation - AND - that adding a level of bureaucracy to a creative industry where opportunities abound is a waste of time. You clearly should be kept off the internet at what ever convalescent home you're at, you're a danger to society and yourself.

Janosh - no I'm not whining, I'm bullying - there's a difference. Go look for hidden messages in the torah.

May 28, 05 5:51 pm  · 
 · 
Janosh

Arrogant libertarians who read too much Ayn Rand and think that their success is a consequence purely of their (alleged) talents and hard work will always find all the evidence they need to support arguments inside their words alone - and as you have shown, don't need to resort to observation of the environment around them. Plainly, the world that everyone else on this earth inhabits is one that you rarely visit.

Completely apart from this discussion about the merits or problems associated with unions, it is clear from your language that you have little regard for the welfare of others and even less interest in what they have to say. So a suggestion: would your time not be better spent in the lonely and reassuring spaces of your own smug head, and not this productive online community?

May 28, 05 6:13 pm  · 
 · 
Tectonic

Hor those wondering why we don't unionize read the last two postings.

May 28, 05 6:18 pm  · 
 · 
PFYS

Gee, You really got me there ! I stand by my original post, your posts are sick, juvenile and ignorant.. But rant on if you like, youll hear from me no more.. I learned long ago not to argue with persons with persons with sick minds..

May 28, 05 7:58 pm  · 
 · 
urbanunplanner

Well I guess Janosh son of Israel just about summed that up. Except that he left out the part about the pictures circulating the internet of him sucking his own penis in his NY apartment. That and the part about how he takes his facts from Hebrew Teen Beat Monthly, which must have incorrectly put Ayn Rand and libertarianism in the same context. It's called objectivism you idiot! Learn how to read, and get yer shit right! (my posts included).

Ho hum, another future scientologist schooled.

Hey I hear there's a morbidly obese attorney in NJ with a keen interest in architecture whose asshole you can rap-ture with.

I am reporting this conversation to that AIA.

May 29, 05 1:23 am  · 
 · 
A

Has anyone heard of a prevailing wage? Often at work when I'm inserting that portion into the front end of the spec's I wonder why architects, or more notably, intern architects, don't have a prevailing wage. It's truly sick the huge discrepancy in wages for the same individual across one city.

While I think that unions have marginalized themselves in their historical "blue collar" backgrounds, I do think that in the 21st century unions have much to gain in the "professional" world - notably architecture.

Personally, I don't ever see it happening, for legal reasons and otherwise, but I would be happy to have a collective bargaining power behind me for wages and benefits. More importantly, I'd like to have architects banded together in some fashion to command higher fees.

I don't necessarily blame the "good old boys" for low wages. It's a highly competitive business with low profits. Hell, lets shoot for all architects charging nothing less than a 10% project cost fee. That's a start to higher wages and benefits for all.

May 29, 05 5:48 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: