Per the omnipotent and omnipresent.

May 25, 05 3:58 pm  · 
 · 
speechless

May 25, 05 4:07 pm  · 
 · 
form64

- ether

we know Per gets around and maybe there's a little bit of Per 'in you' but not me.

wait, EBunny may think that's too vulgar. oh well, fuck it.

May 25, 05 4:19 pm  · 
 · 
ether

you just had to go there didntcha? well buddy, you are going to hell now fo sure.

May 25, 05 4:25 pm  · 
 · 
form64

no, no! don't say it's so ether!

May 25, 05 4:30 pm  · 
 · 
Cloutier

the bunny hasn't been too successful in starting an "uplifting" thread.

instead (s)he just spawned more mild vulgarity.

May 25, 05 4:45 pm  · 
 · 
WonderK

I have to say that ever since Silent Disapproval Robot sold out and starting talking, "speechless" is my new favorite poster. Bravo, speechless.

Perhaps SDR = speechless?

Hmmm.

May 25, 05 5:06 pm  · 
 · 
johndevlin

I wish Bunny had a sense of humour... you guys crack me up

May 25, 05 7:06 pm  · 
 · 
trace™

I think it's sad that some feel it necessary to step in, on their pedestal, and preach about beliefs of good and bad, right and wrong.

When I see free thought, and I know there are many that think freely, but in general there is one voice that is heard, I'll listen. Stem cells, birth control, gay marriage, abortion, the list goes on. When I can't hear any of that anymore and we start to catch up with the consciousness of much of the world, then I will listen.

Until then, it all sounds like annoying noise.

kudos Speechless, you summed it up with much eloquence!

May 25, 05 8:48 pm  · 
 · 

I think the truth lies in 3D-honeycomb, as it is the solution to all problems.

May 25, 05 9:12 pm  · 
 · 
bigness

3d honeycomb.

is made out of crosses.

he is the savior.

alleluja.

i fail to see the relevance of this thread with Architecture, archinect, the world and the universe.

maybe it's just me.

May 25, 05 9:22 pm  · 
 · 
1bookforme

Why is it that the topic of Christianity/Religion always seems to strike such a reaction in everyone? Be it negative or positive. Is it impossible to have a neutral or no reaction on the subject when it is brought up an if so why is this?

What could there be to this topic which demands reaction in one way or another?

May 25, 05 9:51 pm  · 
 · 
bigness

because to codify religion or spirituality to such a mindless, reductive moral exercise is always going to generate reactions from the thinking masses, whose freedom of expression they deem to be untouchable, specially in the anonymity of the forum (talk about the others, unfortunately for me that's my real name...), thus stimulating such reactions!

you cannot come to me (anyone) and tell me not to say shit fuck or faggot because otherwise jesus will not love me, because for all you know i could be the most spiritually elevated motherfucker on the planet, and to come here and preach is only going to get you laughed at.

aknox: there are people that have neutral or no reaction to this subject: the ones who haven't bothered posting a reply. easy uh?

May 25, 05 10:00 pm  · 
 · 

Per, you are never going to live down that homophobic outburst and rightfully so.

May 25, 05 10:19 pm  · 
 · 
evangelicalbunny

Dear Friends,

I can definitely feel we are making progress in bringing Christ to archinect. some of you have already pledged your support and voice your agreement. the rest of you will soon be joining us in a peaceful and loving celebration of humanity and spirituality and architecture.

Of course some of you persist in disparaging us and me in particular, but that is okay. As a prophet, I am like toilet paper, I must become soiled in order to cleanse your spirit. Moreover, deep within my heart, I can feel a change in your hearts...and it is a wonderful feeling. Truly special! Let me share it with you! Though you may like a vulgar thread title like "Bitchin' Headphones," don't you feel that a more pleasant title might be even better? Maybe something like "Pleasing Headphones that Raise my Life in a Loving Way" would be a better title for a discussion thread.

We are just poor little sheep who have lost our way and much of this is on account of our architecture and landscape. In earlier times, American settlements centered on the church. All roads led to the heart of town and there one would find a simple but beautiful church, usually with a tall steeple so that everybody understood their place and the relations within that place. Today things are much more difficult...roads are merely numbered and many establishments have the same name. You could be on interstate 40 passing a McDonald's restaurant and a Walmart retailer and have no idea whether you are in Dallas, Texas or Atlanta, Georgia. We are affected by our environment, but as architects we can improve this and add direction to our souls.

We may be lost sheep, but lets allow our shepherd Jesus to lead the way. We can do it! Keep up the good work, I believe in you even if you have reservations!

With Love!

eb

May 25, 05 10:25 pm  · 
 · 
bigness

wow, i missed per's KKK moment, shit! ops, i said shit in a relijesus post! fuck! aaaaah, it's a downward spiral...

question: does phobia mean hate or fear?

May 25, 05 10:26 pm  · 
 · 
WonderK

Richard you should sign up for a new screen name...."spiritually elevated motherfucker".....everyone else is doing it, apparently.

Except now we would all know it was you. Whoops.

Javier, do you think Per actually reads other threads? I think it's hard enough for him to translate "fancy graphics lovers" and then butcher the language with a response....that takes a lot of energy.

May 25, 05 10:28 pm  · 
 · 
WonderK

oh shit, EB came back while i was writing.

oh she's completely joking. "Pleasing Headphones that Raise my Life in a Loving Way", that's pretty good.

Richard, phobia means fear.

May 25, 05 10:30 pm  · 
 · 
bigness

beeeeeee

May 25, 05 10:47 pm  · 
 · 
sameolddoctor

how bout 'pleasing headphones that give me a hard-on'???

May 25, 05 11:42 pm  · 
 · 
driftwood

The truth is...

That happens to me with certain kinds of cars.

May 26, 05 2:35 am  · 
 · 
johndevlin

this thread is now exhausted. What is happening now is just male high spirits, which is very amusing. but what does this have to do with architecture? Seems we're either bawdy and amusing or earnest and boring.

May 26, 05 3:43 am  · 
 · 
cvoogt

evangelicalbunny, do I "know" you?

May 26, 05 7:29 am  · 
 · 
cvoogt

don't assume not all Archinecters are Christian - it's the same reason the folks pushing Christian prayer in public schools piss me off - not saying eb is one of those, just using it as an example. It just alienates those who might have been inclined to be Christian and angers those not interested even more. I believe it is called proselytization.

"Bitchin' headphones" was a great thread title. Guess eb doesn't care for Dave Chapelle either then. You're missing out, eb. "Bitchin" has nothing to do with "bitch" esp. when we're talking about an inanimate object (no, not a woman, eb; the headphones). Now a little flashback to God and the creation of woman:

And Bill Cosby spake of God, that after He created man, he noticed that Adam needed a companion in the garden, God spake thusly: "Whoa, man!"

May 26, 05 7:41 am  · 
 · 
cvoogt

eb, your thread is titled "from our Savior" . Could you ask Him to give me a call some time? I lost his number. You must have Your Own Personal Jesus, but that song doesn't mention the actual number.

Seriously though, eb, I respect that you're concerned but what is so offensive about "Mies on sex?" God created us in His image (which means for Americans that God is getting fatter and driving ever bigger SUVs) and , like it or not, humans like sex - we're meant to, otherwise we might not be as inclined to procreate, and without that there wouldn't be new generations to worship God and/or Christ. So be thankful for sex. You wouldn't be here without it.

May 26, 05 7:50 am  · 
 · 
stephanie

are people still taking this thread seriously?

May 26, 05 10:01 am  · 
 · 

shut up, stephanie!

May 26, 05 10:19 am  · 
 · 
cvoogt

everyone is taking everyone too seriously

May 26, 05 10:21 am  · 
 · 
brian buchalski

what does it mean to take something "seriously?"

the polarization of things as either serious or joking is something that i am not sure i really understand. does it imply that i read it with a straight face or that i actually listen to everything that is said or written?

i will say this though, i have had a couple of very strong physical reactions to this thread that might be best described as laughter

May 26, 05 10:24 am  · 
 · 

Now Javier, that was neither polite nor loving. Nor bitchin'.

Stephanie, I think he means "Please Ignore the Fact that eb is Having us on and Allow this Thread to Continue because it Raises my Life in a Loving Way".

May 26, 05 10:25 am  · 
 · 

amen

May 26, 05 10:29 am  · 
 · 
stephanie

i've just come back from the bathroom where i could have a private moment of singing "jesus loves me" complete with and gestures.

it's true, this thread does raise our lives in a loving way.

May 26, 05 10:34 am  · 
 · 
ether

a warm fuzzy from the bunny?

May 26, 05 10:45 am  · 
 · 

"As a prophet, I am like toilet paper, I must become soiled in order to cleanse your spirit."

i'm trying to resist resorting to potty humor with regard to your last post, but i'm failing.

May 26, 05 10:45 am  · 
 · 
form64

this thread on it's way to becoming a classic like Per's love/hate "fancy graphics lovers" thread. eb=per?

our most popular threads are about stupid shit?

that is bitchin'.

May 26, 05 10:51 am  · 
 · 
driftwood
"i've just come back from the bathroom where i could have a private moment...complete with [h]and gestures."

Hand gestures?

May 26, 05 11:03 am  · 
 · 
form64

you know, "hand gestures" in the bathroom. solo sex.

May 26, 05 11:05 am  · 
 · 

there it is. potty humor accomplished.

May 26, 05 11:16 am  · 
 · 

carpentry work...you know, fine hand craft, very much in the tradition of Jesus Christ our savior. My day is much brighter now.

May 26, 05 11:21 am  · 
 · 

who's been doing some finish work lately? haleluja

May 26, 05 11:22 am  · 
 · 
Cloutier

i think a few poeple here seriously lack a sense of humor!

i recommend this test to find out if you're one of these people!

May 26, 05 11:36 am  · 
 · 
Per Corell

To bee or not to bee that is the question

May 26, 05 3:25 pm  · 
 · 
Luis Fraguada

do I hear a rimshot?

ba dum pshhh

May 26, 05 3:26 pm  · 
 · 

classic.

May 26, 05 3:37 pm  · 
 · 
pasha

sw: 9:28
don't misunderstand what i said.
i believe what i want to believe, and you believe what you want to believe. you choose what YOU want to choose, so there is no excuse, and no amount of evidence will change a person's will.
think about it, for people who hate W.. what kind of evidence would cause them to love W? its impossible, they are deadset in their will to hate him.
and if you think of your beliefs as mythology, that's fine, its your choice.. but don't tell me what i believe.

eb: you've thrown the jewels to the pigs and they've thrown their feces all over them.

May 26, 05 3:55 pm  · 
 · 
h1

jesus, per - where's elvis?

May 26, 05 4:00 pm  · 
 · 

well i'll bee.

May 26, 05 4:02 pm  · 
 · 
WonderK

Per DOES read other threads! Sweet!

perhaps we should rename this thread "hi all you wacky jesus lovers"

May 26, 05 5:37 pm  · 
 · 

99...i can't take it no more.

May 26, 05 5:42 pm  · 
 · 

I can't wait for Justin Hui to come back around... "the bible does condemn the sin of homosexuality but it does not condemn the person. in fact, the bible talks of loving homosexuals as much as anyone else because God loves them as much as heterosexuals." Have fun at Cornell Summer School, OK Justin?, maybe come back a sinner.

May 26, 05 5:50 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: