Archinect
anchor

Amish Walmart opens in Ohio

Amish Walmart opens in Ohio

Oh my.

May 19, 05 8:37 am

I wish the Wal-Mart closest to me was Amish. Actually, it could go Latin/Afro-Cuban, and that be lots of fun (and maybe even more profitable). It would make a nice complement to the huge southeast Asian market and shopping mall just down the street.

What I'd really like nearby though is a Casa Vogue Depot with a whole section devoted to "home hot rodding."

May 19, 05 9:03 am  · 
 · 
abracadabra

hotdamn. when i am there, i see amish all the time in walmart lingerie dept. in ashland, ohio. they look a lot before they buy, maneger told me.

May 19, 05 10:00 am  · 
 · 

Not exactly related, but since abra brought up lingerie...If any of you have a Meijer (a big-box-of-everything store trying to be Walmart) in your vicinity, you may have noticed this very disturbing situation: you can smell the deli from the lingerie section. They're entirely too close.

May 19, 05 10:54 am  · 
 · 
driftwood

You can?? Really... Well, not that I've ever had cause for being in the lingerie dept. of my local Meijers (who actually existed in their local markets--where I'm at at least--LONG before Walmart did), but I don't recall being able to smell the deli dept. from anywhere outside the grocery area...

Hmmm... I feel an interesting phenomenological study coming on...

May 19, 05 2:18 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: