Archinect
anchor

Minas Tirith from "Return of the King"

homestar

First I would like to just say that the artists working on the Lord of the Rings movies made it look just exactly as I had always hoped it would be, and while there are many great examples of architecture in all the films, nothing amazes me more than the incredibly beautiful (and realistic looking) city-fortress of Minas Tirith. I was just curious if anyone else feels that this city (if real) would not be counted among one of the greatest architectural creations ever made.

Apr 5, 05 7:54 am
a-f

no

Apr 5, 05 8:14 am  · 
 · 
BOTS

It could be considered one of the greatest architectural creations ever made depending on your aspirations for nostalgic fantasy architecture and your affinity to the middle ages.

There is a folly close to Cardiff that was voted the publics favourite building in Wales.

Nothing that can't be replicated on a plate for the masses to consume.

Apr 5, 05 8:39 am  · 
 · 
Nancy

the architecture (and the movie) rules! (in a historic context of course). But imagine the minas tirith acts as a mediator between the open landscape and the steepness of the mountain side--I can imagine some amazing carvings into that rock...ah, but who wants to be a man, we should all be elves.

Apr 6, 05 10:24 pm  · 
 · 
Carl Douglas (agfa8x)

<thread hijack>
hey, BOTS, isn't portmeiron in wales? have you been there? how did that fare in the favourite public building poll?

Apr 6, 05 11:00 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: