Archinect
anchor

Treading Lightly

sweet em

I always wonder if the places I shop (personally as well as professionally) have ethical business practices, employ sustainable methods etc. etc. Anyone know a good website for researching this. Or do you have other recommendations regarding this concern?

Mar 25, 05 11:51 am
Nell Lime

I would suggest searching sustainable indexes and such. Try starting out by searching the links for sustainability. I've read some books about it in the US, but I cannot think off the top of my head of names of books or websites, and all the resorces I have on it at the moment are german, so it would not really help you.
I would suggest reading something by McDougnel (I think that is his name) He wrote a book called from Cradel to Cradel (do not mind my spelling).

Mar 25, 05 12:06 pm  · 
 · 
Cloutier

visit Ad Busters. i'm sure you'll find it interesting if you are concerned with such issues.

they sell Blackspot Sneakers. : anti-brand, environmentally friendly sneakers made in unionized factories.

Mar 25, 05 2:20 pm  · 
 · 
stephanie

i know that at my local co-op they have a listing of northwest businesses called the green papers or pages or something,
but i dont know if there is a website. or where you are located.

co-ops are good places to troll around for that sort of info though.

Mar 25, 05 2:27 pm  · 
 · 
stephanie

okay a quick search lead me to the green pages website

Mar 25, 05 2:28 pm  · 
 · 
belle

Cradle to Cradle: Remaking the Way We Make Things by William McDonough... it's a wornderful book! however it's more about new technologies and a new approach rather than any practical advice as to what shops to shop in...

Mar 26, 05 5:41 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: