Archinect
anchor

2012 M.Arch Applicants, Commiserate Here!

smwong

Congrats @Karimi! I just got word that I am in as well. I have no word from SCI-Arc yet.

Mar 1, 12 5:07 pm  · 
 · 
snail

Out at GSD too. :( That came so quickly.

Mar 1, 12 5:39 pm  · 
 · 
BIG+

I received an email from GSD today, as well!  Admitted into the MAUD program, WOO HOO!

Mar 1, 12 6:33 pm  · 
 · 
jason_sf

Out at GSD--no shocker there I suppose. Congrats to those who made the cut and good luck to those still waiting!

Mar 1, 12 8:18 pm  · 
 · 
byen01

In as well for GSD MLA! Anyone have 60k to spare?

Mar 1, 12 8:57 pm  · 
 · 
jpugarte1

Admitted into GSD March II

I'll write later to the other program's Ive applied to know when could I expect an answer.

Congrats to all the accepted, and to those who didn't make it this time, all the luck for the next time!!

Mar 1, 12 10:21 pm  · 
 · 
dannyh

Rejected by GSD. Thought I was in for sure with two of their alumni writing my recommendations. They also sent the rejection e-mail twice. Nice touch.

Mar 1, 12 10:48 pm  · 
 · 
march12012

Got an acceptance from GSD this afternoon! Found out after school!! Goodluck everyone!

Mar 1, 12 10:55 pm  · 
 · 
extremee

I was applying to GSD M.Arch. II. Still waiting for e-mail from GSD. Does anyone else also wait for the result? 

Mar 1, 12 11:02 pm  · 
 · 

In @ GSD, now let's hope for some fin aid...! good luck to everyone!

Mar 1, 12 11:12 pm  · 
 · 
Ankita Chachra

I applied to MUAD at GSD Harvard, but haven't received any mail.. Neither acceptance nor rejection! I am freaking out.. does that mean in am out.. or is there still a chance.. please comment if you have any idea.. 

Mar 2, 12 3:31 am  · 
 · 
Karimi

MUAD haven't replied i think.

Mar 2, 12 10:19 am  · 
 · 
Ankita Chachra

oops.. MAUD programme at GSD.. I think some people have got a reply.. saw that on gradcafe..

Mar 2, 12 10:38 am  · 
 · 
emyen

does anyone have a link to the gradcafe forum? thanks!

Mar 2, 12 10:51 am  · 
 · 
enmod

michigan results will be out today!

Mar 2, 12 10:58 am  · 
 · 
sofia k

in at GSD, got the email yesterday, can't believe it... now just being hopeful for some scholarship money... Congrats everyone!

Mar 2, 12 11:13 am  · 
 · 
shawnswisher

@enmod just curious, how are you so sure about michigan results being released today?

Mar 2, 12 11:25 am  · 
 · 
shawnswisher

@enmod you're a genius.

Mar 2, 12 11:36 am  · 
 · 
Bench

@enmod and shawnswisher, thanks for the update, I'm trying to look at my application and see what my result is, do you know where to find that? I'm looking at my "Wolverine Access" profile.

Mar 2, 12 1:04 pm  · 
 · 
shawnswisher

@BenC Trying to figure that out myself. Their Facebook post says to check the "web application status," which I take to mean the online application site and not the Wolverine Access. Either way, I've been checking each one about every 20 minutes or so. I'll post here if anything gets updated.

Mar 2, 12 1:08 pm  · 
 · 
emyen

@shawnswisher they say to go under students, then new and perspective student business. however, i can't log in with the umichigan id - does anyone know where i might find that? 

Mar 2, 12 1:10 pm  · 
 · 
Bench

Just found out, apparently it will be front and center on your wolverine access on a new tab, they havent released the decisions as of right now but they will shortly.

Mar 2, 12 1:21 pm  · 
 · 
shawnswisher

@emyen If you haven't created a "Friend Account" yet then you need to create one before logging in. When they sent out confirmation of receiving your application, they should have sent a UMID number in that email. You'll need that to create an account, after that everything should be ready to go.

Mar 2, 12 1:27 pm  · 
 · 
Bench

emyen, your login for friend access is your "friend" account I think

Mar 2, 12 1:28 pm  · 
 · 
batman

who got into GSD from UCLA AUD. please post

Mar 2, 12 2:06 pm  · 
 · 
eabeik

Heard from GSD M.Arch II via e-mail yesterday. Got in!

Any other cornellians here? 

Waiting to hear from MIT and YSOA

Mar 2, 12 2:49 pm  · 
 · 
AA23

Oh my god !! Why can't umich just send an email ..?!!

Mar 2, 12 4:10 pm  · 
 · 

that's super cool they reimburse up to $300 for travel... and can stay with current students... impressed!

Mar 3, 12 12:06 am  · 
 · 
k2886

when do ucla princeton and mit results come out?

Mar 3, 12 1:17 am  · 
 · 
Jord99

When a school e-mails acceptance/rejection letters do they normally do them all at once, or within a few days?? It seems that way on here, but I have read on some sites that they will notify applicants between 6-8 weeks after the deadline (leaving some range). 

It would stand to reason that a school might let their most qualified applicants know earliest and see which of them are still interested before make a final decision with people on the fence, or even making wait list decisions. 

Mar 3, 12 3:42 am  · 
 · 
smwong

@Lance Smith, who reimburses $300 for travel? I just got into GSD but it's going to be tough pulling together funds to visit the open house on the 30th. Would be nice to get some help!

Mar 3, 12 2:53 pm  · 
 · 
shigolhodori

@eabeik, could you please post your portfolio and your stats for March II?

It seems like in this thread no one is really posting their stats compare to last year...

It will be nice to know how people are admitted to the March programs.

Thanks!

Mar 3, 12 3:33 pm  · 
 · 
otterson@ku.edu

In at GSD M.ArchII, I'll post my folio. I'd like to see some others from that program. It'd be appreciated.

http://issuu.com/ryanotterson/docs/2012foliopdf

I wonder when GSAPP comes out....

Mar 3, 12 3:43 pm  · 
 · 
batman

can people who got into GSD M.arch I

post GRE, GPA, and Portfolio ( & GSD version). would love to see the caliber of students this yaer

Mar 3, 12 4:00 pm  · 
 · 

hi smwong, that was for Taubman @ Mich. I don't think GSD reimburses and I also wish all these open houses were on an actual weekend, not a weekday!

http://issuu.com/lancegwsmith/docs/smith-lance-portfolio

my GRE wasn't that great (50% on math) and my GPA is slightly above average but nothing stellar. I'm not convinced GPAs and GREs are any efficient means of judging anyone!

I realized an acceptance stat breakdown might be useful:

GSD: in, $ = ?

Mich: in, $ = ?

UVa: ?

GSAPP: ?

MIT: ?

Mar 3, 12 5:07 pm  · 
 · 

also, I feel you about scraping together funds. Although a party in NYC sounds like fun.... ....unsure if I would fit into that crowd anyhow!

Mar 3, 12 5:10 pm  · 
 · 
RandomWorks

I am awaiting decisions from the GSD for both the MAUD and MDesS programs...the anxiety is killing me!

Mar 3, 12 6:07 pm  · 
 · 
superstarchitect

Did anyone else get mail from UCLA? I'm living out of the country right now and my Japanese mom left a confusing message about an acceptance package from UCLA. I'm simultaneously thrilled and slightly skeptical since I haven't received any email...

Mar 3, 12 6:29 pm  · 
 · 
batman

UCLA AUD isn't out yet is it...that's so early.

Mar 3, 12 8:19 pm  · 
 · 
byen01

@Lance, totes agree that GPA and GREs should be low on the assessment totem pole. Had a slightly lower than average GPA and a not-so-great cumulative senior year GPA (including a D, eek). Always found it silly that we still get the question on archinect every few weeks of "I have a low GPA, do I have a chance on getting into a top school".

Maybe I should ask UMN to see if they can use their offer of full flight and accommodation reimbursement for visiting the GSD haha!

Mar 4, 12 12:10 am  · 
 · 
superstarchitect

@batman Yes, it was for UCLA AUD. I was also awarded a fellowship, so perhaps that's why it came so early for me...

Mar 4, 12 4:35 am  · 
 · 
snail

The fact that my admissions results started off with a rejection (GSD) has made me so nervous about the fate of my 6 other applications. I don't have any safety schools. This has been such a long weekend to wait. Is anyone else being tormented by the suspense?

Mar 4, 12 9:54 am  · 
 · 
litic

@snail You have NO idea. I got rejected from the GSD too. I havent applied to any safety schools either. And I have a horrible feeling I've over-estimated myself. Also, someone in my class got accepted at the GSD for landscape which makes it even harder. 

Mar 4, 12 12:18 pm  · 
 · 
batman

^ i feel for you guys. After the GSD rejection letter (x2!!) i'm scared shitless to think what i can possibly do  if i don't get in to any of my schools. so depressed and feel like its only going to spiral downwards from here.

good luck to all

Mar 4, 12 3:11 pm  · 
 · 
jason_sf

Don't get too down on yourselves just yet. The GSD is one of the most difficult schools to get in to--a lot of deserving people get rejections. No sense in beating yourself up about it, especially when we still have many more schools to hear from.

If it makes you feel better, last year I applied and was rejected across the board. It was definitely disappointing, but it's not the end of the world. You can use the upcoming year to gain more experience, save money, develop a clearer sense of why you want to pursue architecture, and reapply next year with a stronger application. That's what I did anyway. Still, nothing like that first rejection to really take the wind out of your sails--got rejected by GSD this year as well. Also, regarding UCLA, last year I did not get a rejection from them until JULY--so try not to get too anxious during this waiting game...it will make you crazy.

Good luck!!!

Mar 4, 12 4:10 pm  · 
 · 
Vanillian

Started out the weekend with 2 copies of the GSD rejection letter.   I'm still waiting to hear back from Columbia.  I'll post a link to my portfolio as soon as issuu's upload ability comes back online. 

Mar 4, 12 9:22 pm  · 
 · 
Tee002

Haha
Is it time to freak out? I’m feeling very little to nothing. I applied five. Got into 2. One rejected. Two is pending. So far, I’m neither happy nor upset. Everything is working according to my game plan. I wish I can be more excited about this process just like other people.  I want to be scared or overly excited. None of these are happening to me. Gowd! Where are the surprising things ?  The only thing I learned from this process is planning is the key.  Anyway, good luck to all.

Mar 4, 12 10:51 pm  · 
 · 
sofia k

Does anyone know how many students are in the M.Arch II and M.Arch I at the GSD?

Mar 4, 12 11:34 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: