Archinect
anchor

Mistaken Identity

David Cuthbert

I was just recently related to as a "builder" not an architect as I'm qualified as.
Now I know this affects us all and we've discussed this before in passing. But what do hate being recognised as??

Share the dirt

Mar 2, 05 12:45 pm
ether

I hate being recognized as a pimp. I'm always getting harassed by the cops and the ladies... must be my slick dayglow threads.

Mar 2, 05 12:57 pm  · 
 · 
norm

i hate being recognized as cliff clavin.

Mar 2, 05 5:17 pm  · 
 · 
guiggster

I hate not being recognized.

Mar 2, 05 6:01 pm  · 
 · 
Ms Beary

Alicia Silverstone - YUCK

Mar 2, 05 7:03 pm  · 
 · 
Ms Beary

I told a friend of a friend upon meeting that I was an architect and he said very matter-of-factly "No you're not."

He happened to be a contractor, but not the kind that work with architects - just junky little house remodels. We get along now, ironically.

Mar 2, 05 7:16 pm  · 
 · 
e909
I told a friend of a friend upon meeting that I was an architect and he said very matter-of-factly "No you're not."

"yer one o dem hallywood types, 'rn't yew?"

---
i'd dislike being called a "artist". but getting >$150k/yr wuold make the anguish worthwhile.

Mar 2, 05 9:47 pm  · 
 · 
David Cuthbert

even funnier - at dinner (posh restaurant overlooking the island of nevis) right after i left there was a discussion. "Oh David, yeah he's an architect - he did the 'college' with the bright colours" "Oh is he qualified??" --> at that point the owners of the restaurant intervened and politely told the man who asked to leave...heh heh

mistaken identity

Mar 3, 05 2:45 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: