Archinect
anchor

Art and Architecture

mintcar

There seems to be a sudden surge in art museum projects lately -- Taniguchi's, Sejima's upcoming museum both in NY, H & deM's in SF. I feel that these buildings -- architecture for art -- are some of the most elegant and near-sacred works being designed these days.

Does anyone know of other new art museum / small galleries / exhibition spaces just built or being built in the near future in other parts of the globe / states?

Feb 28, 05 2:13 pm
flannelmouth

Ando
The Modern in Fort Worth

Piano
Nasher Sculpture Museum in Dallas
The High Museum Expansion in Atlanta

Feb 28, 05 2:20 pm  · 
 · 
3ifs

Taniguchi's MOMA is a masterpiece... i visited this weekend and was wowed.

Feb 28, 05 4:58 pm  · 
 · 
anotherquestion

MFA Boston (diller&scofidio)
New Museum NYC (Nishizawa/SANAA ) this should be really interesting, because the design is focused on showing new media art (video, installation, anything hi-tech)

taniguchi IS great.

Feb 28, 05 5:35 pm  · 
 · 
mintcar

I've heard this said somewhere by someone else ... but for me, being in a museum is a more holy experience than being in a place of worship. Maybe it's the silence, the dimness, and the reverence for the objects held within them.

I visited Taniguchi's Horyuji's Treasures museum in Ueno Tokyo, but I wasn't extremely impressed. But for some reason, the MOMA works perfectly.

Feb 28, 05 6:55 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: