Archinect
anchor

Portfolio templates

ZoeNaq
Hey, I’m working on updating my portfolio and wanted to see if anyone has a resource to good portfolio templates that I could use to save time ? Also any tips?

Thank you

Aug 13, 24 11:39 pm
luvu

Tips : dont use template

Aug 14, 24 12:58 am  · 
3  · 
The_Crow

Lol never even heard of this

Aug 14, 24 8:35 am  · 
 · 
lacalr

I always find it helpful to look at nice design/architecture magazines or such and follow those designs. Its typically easy enough to create a loose template in inDesign off of those and then adjust as needed. 

Aug 14, 24 10:00 am  · 
 · 
ill_will

Check out Behance. It's like pinterest but is an offshoot of adobe. Search up architecture portfolio and copy your favorites. 

Aug 14, 24 12:42 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

Nothing says hey look at my unique design skills like copy-pasting into a template.  

Aug 14, 24 12:53 pm  · 
 · 
CrazyHouseCat

We designers always think everything must show our most creative side.  But often we are not great at every element of design.  As an architect, I pride myself for having good aesthetic eye, so I care about graphics.  But to fuss over image crops, graphic alignment, picking nice fonts, consistencies across the pages... takes a long time if by myself.  

We are architects.  We design buildings.  For graphics, there's no shame in letting others (who trained in graphic design) create templates to help us.

Envato Elements has very good collections of design portfolio templates that come with nice fonts.  Some tweaking required to be more "architectural".  But much of the layouts are already done well for you.  I don't even go fancy with InDesign, good old Power Point templates can go a long way.  

Supplement with Pinterest portfolio spreads for inspiration to customize.  

Aug 22, 24 3:36 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: