Archinect
anchor

Farming out renderings to some email.....

smaarch

I'm on a potentially tight timeline for an apartment building - new out of the ground 7 story (will know more tomorrow). Looking to get a prelim set together in a month - that I can do regarding all the Architectural 2D, zoning etc. I don't have time to render or even the interest.
I keep getting emails from a few different places - all appear overseas.. And every time I get an email  it's from a different person. Sometimes an "American" name, sometimes not. Just concerned about  a potential scam - nothing more.
I guess the question is: have any of you farmed out rendering work this way, what are the pitfalls, and the  safest methods of payment.
Much  thanks

Aug 12, 24 10:31 pm
smaarch

Okay I'll have to wait till the sun rises tomorrow
Lazy bastards

Aug 13, 24 1:00 am  · 
3  · 
bennyc

I tried one of those emails or rendering services, although results were ok in the end, to get there is a headache, poor communication, did not take instructions well, and always demanded payment before completion, which is a red flag. 

my advice: hire local folks out of college or young architects. 

Aug 13, 24 7:36 am  · 
1  · 
Non Sequitur

We have a int des consultant (not my choice) who outsources everything... with abysmal results.  What do you expect when paying pennies for work done by render farms in developing countries?

We do all renderings in house and have a turn-around time faster than what the spam emails advertise but some of our other partners have used local graphic artists with great results.  Local is the only way I would consider if ever we were not able to produce in house.

Aug 13, 24 9:48 am  · 
 · 
smaarch

Yes part of my concern. I completely understand some guidance is needed - I'm a solo shop

Aug 13, 24 10:49 pm  · 
 · 
OM..

i've used outsourced rendering firms a lot and usually get good /great results but the process does require a bit of oversight. If you do not provide enough feedback and do not give the teams enough time to work, the results can be muddy and just not have "it," despite being high res. and technically proficient.

some firms I think are great are:
norviska (argentina, i think)
pictury (spain)
atchain (china)
bezier (china)

i'm also pretty good at rendering and could whip up some images for you in the next week or so depending on the scope and quality you're looking for. 

Aug 13, 24 10:09 am  · 
 · 

Get with the local university and see if students want to make some side money. I've only had one good experience with outside the country rendering (Tango Studio in Argentina, highly recommend).

Aug 13, 24 10:15 am  · 
1  · 

With the introduction of  Escape we haven't outsourced a rendering in the last few years.  For about a decade prior we outsourced our renderings to a company in China.  If you like I can PM you their contact info. 

Positives: 

• Fast
  • Time zone difference means they work during out off hours
  • Cheap - about $300
  • Secure - we pay a small deposit up front and the remainder when done.  I'm not sure if this is because we've used them for so long.  

Negatives

• Need to provide clear instructions and a finished model. 
  • Expect to have to review and redline renderings 2-3 times
  • Mid level quality - it's good but it's not photorealistic.  
Aug 13, 24 10:41 am  · 
 · 
smaarch

Thanks everyone.  Have a friend (Architect) who can do this. Much appreciated

Aug 13, 24 10:46 pm  · 
2  · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: