Archinect
anchor

Creative Cloud in Small-ish Firms

CarmenSandiego

I’m curious how creative cloud works in other small (less than ~20 people) firms. Do you each get your own creative cloud account from the firm? Do you share transferrable licenses? I’ve worked at a few firms now ranging from 4 to 18 people and have ended up just paying for my own creative cloud account at each one for ease of use because evidently an RFP will be due when the firm account is already in use.

From my experience it seems like the principals who do not use the software don't necessarily understand how the cloud based licensing works and they assume that one personal licenses on the office’s info account (non-transferrable, ie cheaper) is enough for the whole office. This evidently becomes an issue when more people need to be using the software than there are accounts for and it seems like management has been unwilling to pay the extra $90/month/person despite several people attempting to explain the issue and how the programs work. Much of the resistance seems to be from the fact that they are already paying for bluebeam licensing and its just one more thing. 

Aug 12, 24 1:41 pm

We have Adobe Creative Cloud license that allow two simultaneous uses.  We simply coordinate with each other if more than two people need to use the accounts. If we need more for a few months we upgrade our account and increase the number of allowed users.  

Aug 12, 24 1:49 pm  · 
 · 
monosierra

We have a half dozen of floating licenses that are checked out when needed.

Aug 12, 24 2:49 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: