Archinect
anchor

AA Emtech Msc. After a 5 year BEng in Architectural Engineering and Urban Planning

sherineelabd

Hello,

As the Title says, I graduated from the German University in Cairo, Egypt with a BEng in Architecture Engineering and Urban Planning, it’s a five year degree which I suppose would qualify me for the RIBA Part II exam. 

I accepted an offer for Msc. in Emtech at AA, my question is, would this qualify me to work in the UK after graduating? or would I have to take the RIBA exams first before being considered for jobs in Architectural Firms since my BEng is not accredited as Part I in the UK.

Any advice would be highly appreciated:)

Aug 10, 24 7:08 pm
luvu

do your own research  first ?  go to ARB website .. not RIBA

Aug 10, 24 11:13 pm  · 
 · 
Bench

You dont need to pass the RIBA exams to work in an architecture office.

Aug 12, 24 8:52 am  · 
 · 
TED

Generally, students graduating with a Masters’ degree can apply for a 2 year post graduation work visa. Emtech has many links with practices which often deliver part of the course or workshop. Those would be your best options for jobs.  Also larger practices like Fosters would snap you up because many of their project require the specific skills (enviormental/computational) delivered by EmTech.  For visa process speak directly with AA graduate admin staff who can help point you in the right direction. 

Good luck with your studies.

Aug 15, 24 9:54 am  · 
1  · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: