Archinect
anchor

Acquiring a downloadable PDF of the CBC

skyeparker

Hi all. I am a BIM Coordinator and I need to be able to access and mark-up the building code for my own notes. I can't believe that an ICC subscription is so costly at $1,000/yr! It seems that since this is law it should be possible to get access to the code in some way for free. Does anyone know if this is possible? Most ideal would be a big pdf so I can put it on Bluebeam and mark it up. 

Aug 2, 24 2:54 pm
Almosthip

Probably not helpful but the Canadian Codes are available for free.  

Aug 2, 24 2:58 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

Came here to say the same. It’s assumed they incorrectly meant Canadian building code with cbc…

Aug 2, 24 3:28 pm  · 
 · 
proto

i have no affiliation, but did find this: https://archive.org/search?query=subject%3A%222022+California+Building+Codes%22

Aug 2, 24 4:33 pm  · 
 · 
Janosh

The codes are available for free on the ICC website, but if you want a pdf version you'll have to pay for the copyrighted version. Archive.org is a good backup option but the versions there are frequently not up to date.

Aug 3, 24 10:49 am  · 
 · 
skyeparker

@Almosthip, Good to know! 

@proto, Thats great to know but without it being searchable makes it a bit tough to use. 

@Janosh I ended up just paying on ICC. The entire code still isn't downloadable though :/ I can just take notes within ICCs website.

Aug 3, 24 8:56 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: