Archinect
anchor

Russian education in USA

polinaminina

Hello! 

I have a Russian diploma (college) in technician with a degree in civil and residential construction. 

I worked for 4 years, for 3 years I worked as an assistant architect, that is, I drew under the guidance of an architect. And for a year I worked as a design engineer, I developed drawings of reinforced concrete structures. 

My first question is: with such a case, what can I count on here in the states? Now I live in Minnesota. 

My second question is: Where can I find building codes here in the states? How to find drawing rules. 

The third question is: do they hire people with poor English? 

Thank you! And good mood to all! 

Jun 27, 24 2:08 pm
zonker

Building codes: type in upcodes and that will take you there, chose jurisdiction and year - Many structural engineering firms in US employ Russian for drafting and engineering.

Jun 27, 24 2:15 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

I hear there will be plenty of new building opportunities in Ukraine soon.  Maybe focus there instead?

Jun 27, 24 2:16 pm  · 
 · 
lacalr

IBC, NFPA, ADA Guidelines, totally depends on what you are working on and where but those are a few that at least my firm uses pretty regularly. I would also search your cities local department of construction and inspections or whatnot for more local adaptations of codes. 

Jun 28, 24 10:40 am  · 
 · 

I lived and worked in MN for 12 years.

1.  Your poor English will make it very difficult to be hired. 

2. Building codes will not have 'drawing rules' in terms of graphic standards.  

3.  Most architectural firms in MN use architectural interns as their production / technical drafting staff.  

Jun 28, 24 10:49 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: