Archinect
anchor

EURO 24

logon'slogin

Don't be fooled by a relatively mild start. I admire all the Eastern European teams and hope Mbappe is healed soon. 

Jun 17, 24 5:11 pm
Non Sequitur

that would barely count as an injury in hockey. 

Jun 17, 24 5:44 pm  · 
1  · 
luvu

With all of those protections/ helmets . Have you ever been to a rugby game Non?

Jun 17, 24 10:51 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

I fell deep into rugby love during the last world cup. The only team with drama were the Italians.

Jun 17, 24 11:09 pm  · 
1  · 
logon'slogin

I thought soccer fans were watching the world's best tournament... I guess this is a slalom skiing community here:)
No big surprises or upsets yet. Almost all the teams at this stage have a chance to advance. It is an interesting period in European soccer. The game got a lot faster and technically more precise. The new Video Assisted Refereeing (VAR) makes the game more machinic as teams lose their goals two inches into offsite position. Not too many goals but there are more beautiful ones than not. It is a hyper-modern game now with known strategies interpreted like never before at racetrack speeds.
The stadiums have great architecture and are always filled with flag-waving, soccer-loving enthusiastic fans making deafening slogans almost nonstop. 

Oh, if France makes it to the knockout stage which I think they will, Mbappe will return with his broken nose wearing a protective mask.

Jun 20, 24 6:02 pm  · 
1  · 

I'm gonna' start wearing that to the office.

Jun 20, 24 6:04 pm  · 
1  · 
JLC-1

today is the start of the Copa America, plays all over the US, I guess it's an attempt to make soccer more popular here.

Jun 20, 24 6:16 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

Canada over Argentina tonight!

Jun 20, 24 6:44 pm  · 
1  · 
awkeytect

clever!

Jun 23, 24 4:05 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: