Archinect
anchor

last minute OAA CEU's (continuing education credits)?

gentle puppies

Question for the architects in Ontario... I thought I had plenty of lunch and learns under my belt over the past reporting period, but only realized after going through my emails that I didn't get certificates for most of them and am officially about 10 hours short.  This is a busy month, so I have about 3 work weeks remaining to get this BS sorted out, or pay a $1000 fine and STILL have to sort this out after.  Trying to decide whether to focus my efforts on finding some conference to attend that isn't too far from Toronto, or chase down all the Lunch and Learn providers on missing certificates (no doubt most might not be able to help if it's not recent).  Ugh, any suggestions?

Jun 3, 24 11:50 pm
Non Sequitur

It's not really hard to hit the targets.  Here's mine and I attended no conferences in the 2 year cycle.  There are maybe 3 lunch and learns in there.

Are you short 10 structured hours?  Did you do the special climate one?  I get several through the OAQ but I don't know if it's open to non-members (also, they be francais, tabarnak).

If I were in your boots, I'd pay for a few of the OAA structured sessions:

https://oaa.on.ca/whats-on/con...

There are 1 or 1.5 hr cont-ed for $40ish each.  Easy to knock a few off. Ditto for RAIC seminars too. (https://raic.org/forarchitects).

Jun 4, 24 8:20 am  · 
1  · 
Non Sequitur

To add, there was a time where I used this site for a few structured hours per cycle. https://continuingeducation.bnpmedia.com/

Jun 4, 24 8:22 am  · 
 · 
Bench

Really depends if you are needing the structured or non-structured. If you need the structured ones, lookup ATS seminar or AEC Daily or Oldcastle APG University. Silly names, but they each provide weekly zoom call-in presentations for LU's.

Jun 4, 24 8:32 am  · 
 · 
Bench

ATS and AEC often specifically cater to Canada LU's.

Jun 4, 24 8:35 am  · 
 · 
Bench

Hey @Non Sequiter, this is still my first time running through the reporting cycle, and being in 'Murica there's no one else in my offices to ask questions about it. I'm aware of the reporting requirement for climate, that was relatively easy to get. Are there any other special requirements in the reporting? I thought at one point i saw something about an ethics requirement, maybe, am i inventing that?

Jun 4, 24 8:34 am  · 
1  · 
Non Sequitur

Last cycle (2020-2022) had a mandatory gender equality section as well as indigenous series. It was badly organized and did not present much useful information but it was their first attempt at curating cont-ed. I did the climate action cont-ed this cycle through the OAQ.

Jun 4, 24 8:48 am  · 
 · 
Bench

Any idea if that previous one is still required? That must have been what i'm thinking of. I can't find any specific wording for it to be included on this round so i'm assuming its been superseded by the climate requirement.

Jun 4, 24 12:00 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

It was replaced by the climate. I assume a new one will that it's place for the next cycle.

Jun 4, 24 12:32 pm  · 
1  · 
Bench

Thanks!

Jun 4, 24 2:04 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: