Archinect
anchor

plans of stairs in between floors

F-Z-J

hi, I hope everyone is well. 

I'm not sure if this has been posted in the right place.

The stairs don't have floor plates covering them, but I don't know how to draw the stairs in between going up and going down. 

1st image is of the type of stairs/building I have talking about. 

2nd: ground floor stairs. 

3rd: 2nd floor stairs. 

4th: 1st floor (where view of stairs gos both up and down). 

Jun 2, 24 7:11 pm
luvu

Use plan region… Google up

Jun 2, 24 7:29 pm  · 
 · 
F-Z-J

so, the 1st floor plan stairs is the same as the ground but with the stairs (dashed lines until the steps leading to the second floor) leading up to the second floor - where the stairs return to normal lines, that doesn't feel right. 

Jun 2, 24 7:52 pm  · 
 · 
F-Z-J

thanks, what is it...? 

Jun 2, 24 7:54 pm  · 
 · 
F-Z-J

i've never heard of it and I don't know how to use it. :(

Jun 2, 24 8:02 pm  · 
 · 
F-Z-J

according to google, this is it - should I just write UP and DOWN at the right location? 

Jun 2, 24 8:07 pm  · 
 · 
F-Z-J

also, the arrow is suppose to go to the highest point on the stairs? because fire exits are going down, this is a bit counter intuitive but is this right...? 

Jun 2, 24 8:11 pm  · 
 · 
joseffischer

Cutlines: I like cutting the second flight and getting as much of the stair visible in the plan as possible.  Above items can be shown (dashed) or not, your/firms/professor's preference.  Stairs from the floor/flight below aren't as helpful to be seen in my opinion as they should be visualized from a different plan for that flight.

Arrows: many firms do different things.  If working, just ask a colleague.  If in school, just do what you want and be consistent.  Most professors aren't going to care as long as it makes sense.

Jun 3, 24 9:18 am  · 
 · 
Wood Guy

Except for specials situations, I consider the floor plan to be a horizontal section cut 4' above the finished floor. Important, hidden things below that line I show with small dashed lines. Important things above that line I show with large dashed lines.

With stairs, I make the cut line around 4' above the floor, just like everything else.

Jun 3, 24 9:29 am  · 
 · 
F-Z-J

Thanks - I will make the dashed lines larger but which of the 2 1st floor options is right...? please see below - thanks

Jun 4, 24 1:43 am  · 
 · 
F-Z-J

Hi, I was told by my prof the arrow is placed at the highest point. I don't understand how the 1st floor stair should be done but hopefully this makes sense and is consistent? Images: G, 1st a, 1st b and 2nd. which of the options for the 1st makes sense? 

or I could make stairs dashed lines after the cut...? 

Jun 4, 24 1:37 am  · 
 · 
Wood Guy

If there are stairs going both up and down, then your second and third options (which look the same) are the closest, except I would add an arrow from the "down" label as well. I'm not sure what your professor means by "the arrow is at the highest level;" the arrow should face the direction of travel, whether up or down.

Jun 4, 24 10:25 am  · 
1  · 
F-Z-J

hey, anyone know which one is wrong/right based on ground and 2nd floor plans? 

Jun 5, 24 11:19 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: