Archinect
anchor

Are there any degrees related to architecture drawing (such as architectural illustration, visualisation and so on)?

frankkwanlee

I'm not an architecture major. But I find myself getting obssesed with architecture as time goes by. I've learned design softwares, hand-drawing, arc illustration, and read a large amount of architecture books. I even work as a freelance writer for some architectural medias. Due to my background, being an architect may not be the first option. But I still want to do creative jobs about architecture.  I particularly like architectural illustrations. Those drawings, artworks from Drawing Architecture Studio, Archigram, Rod Hunt, Tishk Barzanji deeply atttract me. I like the way of expressing concepts and ideas through architecture narrative. So I want to be an architectural illustrator in future days. I hope to know if there are any degrees about arc drawing ( illustration, visualisation, representation etc.) for me to go further study. 

Thanks.

Jan 29, 24 11:32 am
monosierra

The AA in London used to have some studios that are so deep in art school territory that they refuse to train students in any form of architectural practice. Graduates typically go into illustration, CG, graphic design, and fields ultimately unrelated to architecture.

Jan 29, 24 3:07 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: