Archinect
anchor

Architecture

smaarch

I've been hanging around for a few years and reading posts -  I simply don't understand this site.
I see the arguing and the bickering
We are Architects 
What I never see is the plastic explorations.
and that's about all that matters to me
So show your stuff.
L1 V1.

I'll start - 1st sketch of 2024

Jan 15, 24 1:06 am
smaarch

L2

Jan 15, 24 2:25 am  · 
 · 
smaarch

Jan 15, 24 2:27 am  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

Do you have a habit of complaining to your local dive bar’s sommelier when their wine selection is not to your liking?

Nice models but not sure what I’m looking at. Could be a house, could be a tool shed, could be a prison. 

Jan 15, 24 5:48 am  · 
 · 
smaarch

thanks - it's a start.
Funny comment and point taken.

Jan 15, 24 8:15 am  · 
 · 

Can we see some of your built work smaarch

Jan 15, 24 10:49 am  · 
 · 
smaarch

Project in NYC

Jan 15, 24 10:27 pm  · 
1  · 

Nice! 

I've always like the concealed fastener composite panels. New building or shell retrofit? 

Have you used your 3d printer during the design process for any of your built work?

Jan 18, 24 9:45 am  · 
 · 
smaarch

Thanks Chad - new out of the ground building. the 3D printing is all new to me but what I am finding it's really is no different then making study models. The primary difference being the drawings are directly connected to the model output. I've always made lots of study models during design.

Jan 18, 24 11:39 am  · 
 · 

Very fun! I haven't made a study model for a project in several years. When I did the firm owner at the time thought it was a waste. The client and consultants thought it was great.

Jan 18, 24 12:16 pm  · 
1  · 
JLC-1

why are those columns hairy?

Jan 15, 24 12:43 pm  · 
 · 

shitty 3d printer plastic. (yes, there are good 3d printer plastic. That's the cheapish shitty kind.

Jan 15, 24 1:02 pm  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

What aren't your columns hairy?

Jan 15, 24 1:08 pm  · 
5  · 

Hey, it's a medical condition that a lot of guys have. Don't shame my smooth columns.

Jan 18, 24 12:17 pm  · 
 · 

What 3d printer do you use? Buying one is on the list for early this year 

Jan 15, 24 10:50 pm  · 
 · 
smaarch

I just bought a Creality - all new to me , still learning but it it works well

Jan 16, 24 12:13 am  · 
 · 
pandahut

Prusa makes a great sort of at home/low end professional printer. Ultimaker is the most bomb proof, professional printer for office needs however.

Jan 18, 24 10:32 am  · 
 · 
deltar

I have a Creality CR-10S and while I like it, it is finnicky. I originally bought it for propmaking and I (in 4 years) have used it exactly once for architecture school. I anticipated using it for my final models but by the time I'm done doing modeling I don't have time to actually print it.

Jan 18, 24 11:49 am  · 
 · 
Smerget

Which kind of latest technology is used in this project?

Jan 16, 24 6:15 am  · 
 · 
newguy

I'll go:

Modeled: Rhino

Board: Illustrator and then printed through one of those image printed on acrylic companies with the result being too green. Result was kind of -eh- will try again later with more of a black/gold color scheme over stainless so I can magnetize the pieces.

Size: ~16"x16"

Printer: Creality Ender3pro, modded with spider extruder, magnetic base plate, and auto-leveling kit. Each piece roughly 5 hour print time.

Just for show. Pieces (especially the king) are too brittle to actually play

Jan 18, 24 3:33 am  · 
2  · 

I like the symbolism of the pawns. ;)

Jan 18, 24 12:17 pm  · 
2  · 
*your name

I agree. Those chess pieces and the board are too distracting to play a serious game but beautiful as decoration.

Jan 18, 24 12:18 pm  · 
 · 
Le Courvoisier

Ive seen a lot of deez lately 

Jan 27, 24 8:16 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: