Archinect
anchor

Stable diffusion and architecture

axonapoplectic

sketchup recently added a stable diffusion beta plug in. I’ve been playing around with it and it’s actually not bad. It does get some things a little confused, but for quick viz stuff I’ve found it’s pretty helpful (especially for residential side gig work). It’s also kind of funny to see what I can get using various prompts. I did “Edward scissorhands” and “circus theme” and was not disappointed 

Anyone else using AI tools in their workflow?

Dec 30, 23 3:59 pm
proto

I toyed with it last year to try to understand it, but it became it’s own little vortex of time wasting. So I stopped. But always sort of AI-curious for the ridiculous ease of invention, even if it’s pretty scattershot in its infancy…maybe I’ll come back to it.

[I was using midjourney via discord. Archicad just issued an integral AI package this fall that was so immense I was never able to download it, or maybe too popular to download quickly...]

Dec 31, 23 11:57 am  · 
1  · 
hobbyiestect

https://www.llmvalidator.com/a...

I've used a few! Midjourney, Stable Diffusion, and also GPT (Dalle-3). Stable diffusion and GPT are the winners so far. I also love this tool (linked above) but they're all more for fun, inspiration, and exploration, not using it functionally, yet. 

Dec 31, 23 8:18 pm  · 
2  · 
axonapoplectic

Playing around with a kitchen renovation side project. I’ve found I have to model a lot of info otherwise what it creates is not so great.  Seems like it does better with interiors than exteriors 

Jan 18, 24 12:32 pm  · 
1  · 
JLC-1

what program are you modeling on? I did this in sketchup, some of the landscape is actually walls, do you have to assign materials to everything for it to recognize it?

Jan 18, 24 4:47 pm  · 
1  · 
axonapoplectic

Nice! I did it in Sketchup. I assigned materials but it replaced a lot of them. Definitely did not have a wood ceiling. The other view I have a dish drying rack and it kept replacing it with plants.

Jan 19, 24 8:42 am  · 
1  · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: