Archinect
anchor

Advices for my Portfolio, want to apply for Harvard GSD March 1, TU Delft, AA and need advice.

menesarch

https://www.behance.net/galler...

Hello everyone, I want to admit my portfolio to March but I really need some feedbacks. Since in Barch my lecturers would not let us do individual projects I only have 2 of them but a lot of schools want to see individual progress in portfolios. I have approx. 2 months should I try to participate in competitions or should I redo my group projects? But in that case what about the credits of my partners. 

Personally I like my images but is it too much realistic render, should it be more experimental?

Thank you in advance.

Nov 12, 23 11:49 pm
Non Sequitur

realistic renderings are not worth much without development sketches. Show how you came up with design solutions to the projects. 

Nov 13, 23 7:33 am  · 
1  · 
menesarch

I see, thats a useful feedback thank you

Nov 13, 23 8:34 am  · 
 · 
menesarch

Btw, are these renderings bad for applying to these programmmes? Should my renderings be a different style?

Nov 13, 23 9:01 am  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

anyone and their grandmother can press the rendering button. They may be impressive to your peers, but they don't do much by themselves esp when it's just overall birds eye views. Get in there and show how the spaces are designed, how they are expected to be used, what sort of finishes, scales, details, etc... this is important. Knowing where the teapot icon is is not.

Nov 13, 23 10:29 am  · 
1  · 
monosierra

Process, process, process - renders are dime a dozen and frankly, there isn't much of a distinctive graphic style shown so you don't gain much from giving more pages to the final product. Showcase your thinking and working process - sketches, models, diagrams ... the journey from parti to presentation.

Nov 15, 23 10:09 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: