Archinect
anchor

NJ to NY reciprocity

reneemizrahi

Hi! I passed my last exam last month and have initially applied for licensure in NY. I have been working for 6 years for a firm, with which I have submitted all my hours with. I just heard back from NY that they do not accept my work experience because they do not recognize that firm as a professional practice. 

I am kind of stuck now and cannot get my license in NY, not in a way that I can think of. I was considering getting my license in NJ and then getting reciprocity in NY. If I work in NJ, can I then get reciprocity in NY? If I start my own firm for example? 

Has anyone been through something like this and know what I can do in this situation?

Oct 25, 22 5:12 pm

Didn't you already post this question?  If not then someone else is having the exact same issue.  

Ask the people responsible for professional licensure in NY state.  They're going to be the best resource for you.  

Good Luck!   

Oct 25, 22 5:40 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

how is it that you’ve worked 6 years in a non-conforming place without knowing it? What makes this gig non-conforming?

Oct 26, 22 7:22 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: