Archinect
anchor

Computational Design for Sculpture Ideation and Fabrication

tmadl1

Forgive me if I've landed in the wrong forum.  Not sure where to start.  I've recently retired from 40+ years in transporation and logistics, and intend on spending my new-found time/energy to begin creating medium to large scale sculptures.  I've been stumbling around the internet trying to get a sense of possible aids to my design process.  And while going down that rabbit hole I also realized there are all sorts of options for fabrications as well.  Ugh! I'd actually embrace an in-person training program (university or whatever) if such an option might make sense.  I don't want or need another degree (plenty of those hangin on my wall already).  So I could imagine signing up and paying for courses ad hoc if that would be allowed.  The main point would be to get started with a wide-based survey and then pursue the specific specializations that interest me. Any suggestions would be welcome.  T 

Sep 6, 22 12:03 pm
monosierra

Grasshopper and Rhino (Along with C# and Python) is great for precision and fabrication but some prefer more free-form sculpting software like Maya and ZBrush. Blender is still free I think?

Sep 6, 22 8:46 pm  · 
 · 
robhaw

Check this one out:

https://controlmad.com/eng/

Sep 7, 22 12:36 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: