Archinect
anchor

WEIRD The Al Yankovic Story trailer

Yes, there is a drafting table visible. We architects absolutely claim Al as one of us!

I can't emphasize enough how excited I am for this movie. https://www.avclub.com/daniel-...

Aug 30, 22 12:23 pm

I had no idea Al was involved with Madonna.  Apparently women really do find the acordian sexy.  

Aug 30, 22 3:59 pm  · 
 · 
Almosthip

They actually have never met each other in real life . The movie is a parody, just like his songs

Aug 30, 22 4:51 pm  · 
3  · 

Ah! Sweet!

Aug 30, 22 5:46 pm  · 
 · 

That looks amazing. Fun fact his "Bad Hair Day" album was the first CD I ever purchased. "Amish Paradise," "Phony Calls," "Gump," etc. were the sound track of my awkward middle school years until I started skating and listening to punk and ska.

Aug 30, 22 6:06 pm  · 
1  · 

Dang. You're not even 40 years old are you? Young whipper snapper. Git off me' lawn!

::groans as I type this cuz I'm mid 40's::

Aug 30, 22 6:51 pm  · 
3  · 

lol, my daughter made sure I understood that I was in my "late 30s" the other day and I had never felt older.

Aug 30, 22 8:43 pm  · 
 · 
bowling_ball

I went to a bar tonight that I frequent... frequently and I got carded at the door. Told the bouncer I was clearly a decade older than him, and the sad part is, it was surely more than a decade based on his response to my ID
Meh.

Aug 31, 22 12:02 am  · 
 · 

You guys getting older is actually awesome. The mental and philosophical perspective is incredible and totally not understandable until you're *there*. The physical deterioration is horrid though. Keep exercising, as much as possible, stay active, to ward it off.

Sep 1, 22 10:47 am  · 
3  · 
SneakyPete

I go to bed sad a lot more now because I have a good life but won't get to experience it as long as I want.

Sep 1, 22 11:12 am  · 
 · 
JonathanLivingston

For all your contractor friends:

Aug 30, 22 9:15 pm  · 
2  · 
citizen

Just watched the trailer... had no idea beforehand it was a parody.  Perfect.  Him burning his agent's hand with a cigarette got an audible guffaw from me.  This thing looks good.

Rainn Wilson's got Dr. Demento's appearance down well, but misses out on that distinctive nasal tone and sibilant S.  Fan note: less Dwight Schrute, more Truman Capote.

Aug 31, 22 8:04 pm  · 
1  · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: