Archinect
anchor

Architecture critics with a spine

archanonymous

I was heartened by the recent Carolina A. Miranda takedown of wisecomb, featured here on Architect: https://archinect.com/news/art...

Who are the other contemporary critics not pulling punches and holding the vapid, abusive starchitect class responsible? Who is publishing their work? 

I'm so sick of architecture criticism just being a mindless regurgitation of press releases and insular intellectual circle-jerks. 

Aug 27, 22 9:44 am
Janosh

Mimi Zeiger

Aug 28, 22 11:25 am  · 
1  ·  1
archanonymous

Lol, you're joking, right?

Aug 28, 22 12:47 pm  · 
b3tadine[sutures]

Wait, you don't think Mimi does a good job?

Aug 28, 22 12:56 pm  · 
1  · 
archanonymous

A good job of what, promoting herself, her friends, and the entrenched power structures?

Aug 28, 22 6:12 pm  · 
Janosh

I don't think there is any other critic with a significant platform who has done more in the US to publicly question organizations, institutions and practices. It is not the only thing she does, but I her skepticism towards the status quo and amplification of alternative voices and methods can be found in all her work.

But if you are looking for an unknown but widely published critic who exclusively burns down institutions without trying to create or suggest new ones I think you are out of luck.

Aug 30, 22 10:22 am  · 
1  · 
citizen

Aug 28, 22 6:45 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: