Archinect
anchor

A Roman Architect with a passion for restroom design

Kinsbergen

I would like to draw your attention to the most ridiculous film I have come across. A Roman Architect timetravels in modern Japan in an attempt to push the envelope on the design of sanitary facilities. This is not a joke, but an actual, 100% real film. See below:

Jun 19, 22 4:37 pm
∑ π ∓ √ ∞

I was an extra in this film.

Jun 19, 22 6:16 pm  · 
1  · 
citizen

An extra what?     ;O]

Jun 19, 22 10:08 pm  · 
 · 
∑ π ∓ √ ∞

A vanity never tells...

Jun 20, 22 7:08 am  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

I hope they tackle the fascinating concept of license reciprocity through time travel.

Jun 19, 22 9:39 pm  · 
1  · 
citizen

You may want to give that urinal a bit more space, Claudius.

Jun 19, 22 10:12 pm  · 
 · 
abracadabra

Flatfaces saved his ass.

Jun 20, 22 1:23 am  · 
 · 
Kinsbergen

@abracadabra, are you the one who started the Thread Central? Please respond.

Jun 20, 22 6:53 am  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

^a magician never reveals their secrets.

Jun 20, 22 7:10 am  · 
1  · 
Kinsbergen

Looks like someone was pigeonholed into doing WC layouts straight out of the collegium guild.

Jun 20, 22 6:52 am  · 
 · 
monosierra

Oooh this reminds me of the previous thread about films featuring architects: Inception, Indecent Proposal, Death Wish, Town & Country, The Fountainhead, Belly of an Architect, IT Part 2 ...

Jun 20, 22 8:19 am  · 
 · 
monosierra

Jungle Fever, The Lake House, Click ...

Jun 20, 22 3:36 pm  · 
 · 
Stasis

Regarding Inception, someone please enlighten me, when did you ever learn how to create a maze in arch. school? I wonder where that came from.. The closest thing I could think of was a waterproofing labyrinth that you would have to do intricate flashing details, but i bet you don't learn this in school..

Jun 20, 22 6:25 pm  · 
 · 
citizen

^ The Flashing is definitely NOT a creative movie about architectural visions. Or so I've heard.

Jun 20, 22 8:38 pm  · 
 · 
Stasis

I just watched 'Father of the Bride' by Andy Garcia and Gloria Esteban, where the father of the bride (Andy Garcia) went on and on about how he started from nothing, went through architecture school bussing tables , then became an owner of the arch firm.  When he meets the groom-to-be, he isn't happy that his future son-in-law would work in non-profit and wont' be making enough money to support his daughter...that was funny coming from an architect.

Jun 20, 22 1:26 pm  · 
2  · 
monosierra

Movies tend to assign architectural jobs to upper middle class characters ... much like a more creative lawyer or doctor.

Jun 20, 22 3:35 pm  · 
 · 

They also show most architects being tortured souls with a passion for creativity and a really, really nice house.

Jun 20, 22 4:31 pm  · 
1  · 
Miyadaiku

Oh, is this Thermae Romae? There is also an anime and a manga. The manga is quite beautifully drawn and between chapters has a lot of cool bonus material about roman bathhouse culture and architecture. I don't know if there's an English version or not, I don't remeber it being incredibly popular since it is.....about as niche as it gets. BIlingual Bonuses occur for those of you that know Latin, though ; )

Jun 21, 22 12:08 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: