Archinect
anchor

Salary Resource Everyone Should Use

The_Crow

Salary transparency is an important resource for all employees, but it's become so taboo in the US that we rarely have conversations regarding this. 

Luckily the US gov. has done it for us to an extent... so sharing the resource. https://h1bdata.info/index.php

Advocate for yourself and your peers. You're probably worth more than you're being paid. 

Cheers all

Jun 12, 22 3:36 pm
Non Sequitur

my grad school started a shared spreadsheet where undergrads shared their coop and full time $ figures. Glad to say very few listed unpaid slave gigs. 

Jun 12, 22 5:43 pm  · 
1  · 
The_Crow

That's great. I've heard about some Cornell people doing this. 

More classes should honestly. 

Jun 12, 22 9:34 pm  · 
The_Crow

Lol why the dislike @b3tadine[sutures}

Jun 14, 22 10:37 am  · 
kenchiku

My class did this as well. We're also sharing our offer details with eachother as we seek employment after graduating.

Jun 15, 22 6:49 am  · 
 · 
Elisabethcolton

If a job post asks applicants to state their expected salary when applying for the position, then give a range not a specific figure you're comfortable with. Answers like “Negotiable” might work, but they can also make you look evasive. For more information also see  https://archinect.com/forum/th...10eloto-10-e-lotto

Jun 13, 22 12:33 am  · 
1  · 
Archinect

Archinect's architecture salary poll shares over 17k architecture salary details from the community - https://salaries.archinect.com...

Jun 13, 22 11:45 am  · 
3  · 
Bench

Hey @Archinect - I'm curious, if the proposed New York State law comes into effect requiring job listings to post salary ranges, will that be implemented into the job boards on the site ?

Jun 14, 22 11:22 am  · 
 · 

There are several states that require salary ranges be posted with job advertisements.  

• California
  • Colorado
  • Connecticut
  • Maryland
  • Nevada
  • Rhode Island
  • Washington

Jun 14, 22 12:34 pm  · 
1  · 
Bench

Thanks Chad - I was not aware of that.

Jun 14, 22 12:36 pm  · 
 · 

No problem!

I think it could be a good idea to require any job postings on Archinect to have salary ranges regardless of state laws.  

Jun 14, 22 1:45 pm  · 
2  · 

That's the only way that they'll learn I think. People have to report them.

Jun 14, 22 3:55 pm  · 
 · 
atelier nobody

I used to regularly shell out for the AIA Salary Survey to see how I compared.

Jun 15, 22 6:54 pm  · 
 · 
arhiarhi design group

Could someone help me understand. Why would I give this kind of transparency? I have an young smart BIM Coordinator that earns more then my Full Time CAD Architect. Because each of them has their own projects and depending on the projects the income is derived. Simple as that.

Jun 18, 22 2:37 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: