Archinect
anchor

NYS License Typical Waiting Period

Jacq Arch

Good afternoon,

I wanted to ask those ho obtain an NYS license. How long did it finally receive your license after submitting all your information? 

I've been waiting for 5 weeks now. 

Apr 20, 22 12:07 pm
Bench

I can't remember exactly off the top of my head, but i think mine was in the range of 2-4 weeks, maybe even up to 6?

Also - you don't get a notification, you just find out by checking their listing website each day for your name. Very funny way to do it ...

Apr 24, 22 7:24 am  · 
1  · 
t a z

happy 1 yr license-aversary

Apr 25, 22 2:34 pm  · 
 · 
Bench

Weeee! Thanks for the reminder, genuinely forgot. Same to you, slightly belated...

Apr 26, 22 11:19 am  · 
1  · 
Jacq Arch

Congrats !! 

I j just had a difficult conversation with the education department. I remembered them being much more helpful. 

Apr 26, 22 1:09 pm  · 
 · 
proto

i haven't had to deal with them in years, but i too always remembered them to be surprisingly helpful

Apr 26, 22 1:51 pm  · 
 · 
terriblejell0

I'm in the same boat as you! Submitted my last exp. forms to them 2 weeks ago, got a letter yesterday to confirm that I've been "approved". They told me that the licensing department would be taking it from here, license should arrive in the mail and to keep checking the official website to see if my name and # pop up in the directory.

May 5, 22 12:03 pm  · 
 · 
Jacq Arch

So as of yet, you still haven't received just your license number? I'm still waiting for the approval. I guess NYS must really be busy. 

May 5, 22 1:24 pm  · 
 · 
terriblejell0

Yup, in the ed board email they said it can take up to 8 weeks for the license to show up online. Not sure when I might be able to expect something to show up in the mail either. I followed up pretty much once a week over email, and they were always pretty helpful.

May 5, 22 2:22 pm  · 
 · 
terriblejell0

FYI I finally got my license number today after checking the website again. Hope you get yours soon! All in all took me 6 weeks from submitting my full experience, testing, education package to get my license number.

May 20, 22 3:00 pm  · 
1  · 
Jacq Arch

Congrats! Still waiting. I thought I submitted the last required documents to the state. Now waiting on my former supervisors to submit my experience verification on my behalf.

May 24, 22 7:45 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: