Archinect
anchor

So who is Covid Positive?

OneLostArchitect

A lot of people are getting infected. I was infected last year... but a lot of friends and family are getting infected right now... How is your office handling business? They still dragging us in the office!

Jan 7, 22 12:30 am
archinet

I was infected last week. Lasted two days- life goes on.

Jan 7, 22 6:33 am  · 
2  · 
square.

must be nice. i got it a while ago and was very sick for over 2 weeks (pre-vaccines)

Jan 7, 22 10:34 am  · 
1  · 

I was infected in January 2021. Ten days of feeling like crap, then another two months until I felt 100% again. This was pre-vaccine obviously.

Jan 7, 22 11:17 am  · 
2  · 
archinet

I was fully vaccinated when I got Covid. Now I am boosted

Jan 7, 22 2:35 pm  · 
 · 
RJ87

I ended up getting it the beginning of last week. Had about 2 days of feeling bad, then it was just a regular cold. Worked from home until the 10 day quarantine was up & then headed back into the office. Seems like a lot of people either got it or had a family member get it over the holidays. Doesn't help that its cold / flu season too, hard to tell the difference.

Business is operating as usual.

Jan 7, 22 9:53 am  · 
1  · 

For my office, it has been open for anyone who is vaccinated and wants to come in, but they are pushing to get everyone back in a few days each week as mandatory. That was supposed to happen after New Years, but they made the decision to delay the timeline for it. Not sure when it will happen now. There was a positive case in the office before the holidays but I don't know that it spread to anyone else. Not going into the office myself, I only heard about it from coworkers who were contacted by HR as needing to get a test from their contact tracing.

No positives for me or the family (yet?), but we did have a suspiciously bad cold of some type go through the entire family way back in late February and early March 2020 when no one knew that there was already community transmission, and tests were only for those who had traveled to China or been in close contact with some who had. I honestly don't think it was C-19, but it wouldn't surprise me if it was.

Jan 7, 22 12:21 pm  · 
3  · 
tduds

I had a weird cold in the beginning of February 2020 and I'm slightly suspicious it was a mild case of Covid. No way to know for sure, though.

Jan 7, 22 12:26 pm  · 
1  · 
citizen

Similar to tduds... but worse and earlier. A strange, longlasting, kickass flu (?) in November of '19. Absolutely killer for two weeks or more, a week of which was silent due to laryngitis, which I never get. What the hell is this? I wondered the whole time. Probably too early for the Big C, but the more I read the more I wonder.

Jan 9, 22 8:55 pm  · 
1  · 
tduds

Miraculously no one in my immediate family has been infected yet (as far as we know... thanks non-existant testing). We're being extra cautious and hoping for the best.

My office was supposed to re-open Feb 1st as a full time hybrid model, but as of yesterday that's been officially & indefinitely delayed. Fine with me, I love working from home. Kinda miss some of my coworkers though.

Jan 7, 22 12:24 pm  · 
1  · 
Josh Mings's comment has been hidden

Shut up, x-jla. No one needs to see your lies and half-truths. People that think like you are why we're in this mess still 2 years later

Jan 7, 22 1:00 pm  · 
3  ·  1
proto

Data: 825,000 US dead in 2 yrs because of covid. More than any war we've been in. That isn't the flu. Covid deaths exploded into the #3 spot for yearly deaths behind heart disease & cancer. And the choice to not vaccinate is front/center in those numbers. The data is overwhelming & it's posted daily in every news source all over the world tracking the cases/deaths/hospitalizations.

Please take your arguments to another thread. This is the one for people saying they've got it & how they are dealing afterwards.

Jan 7, 22 1:26 pm  · 
SneakyPete

I've never seen a blind squirrel SO FUCKING EXCITED to find a nut before.

Jan 7, 22 1:31 pm  · 
1  · 
SneakyPete

Nobody tell him it might be an avocado pit.

Jan 7, 22 1:32 pm  · 
 · 
SneakyPete

You read the Daily Mail?

Jan 7, 22 1:35 pm  · 
1  ·  1
x-jla

Look up “mass formation psychosis”. If Google lets you.

Jan 7, 22 1:36 pm  · 
1  ·  1
SneakyPete

Turn your computer off. If your ego lets you.

Jan 7, 22 1:43 pm  · 
3  ·  3
tduds

lol what'd I miss?

Jan 7, 22 1:52 pm  · 
 · 
SneakyPete

A mixture of legitimate discussion points and whacky bullshit. x-lax, as usual shitting in your Nutella and asking you to just focus on the hazelnuts.

Jan 7, 22 1:53 pm  · 
2  · 
tduds

You never *have* to.

Jan 7, 22 2:03 pm  · 
3  · 
Non Sequitur

damn... and I had a good comment in that one... but it got nuked while I was doing the formatting. Booo, urns.

Jan 7, 22 2:10 pm  · 
1  · 

Yeah my comment was hidden because x-jla was nuked. I'm cool with that.

Jan 7, 22 3:10 pm  · 
1  ·  1
archimonious

I know it's the job of the creative class not to entertain subtlety, nuance, and complexity but rather to quash the afore mentioned at first encounter with censorship, cynicism, and the biting take on reality which really is their hallmark, and yet I can't quite express the relief I find in turning to the community forums on archinect. I mean, really, with the rest of the world pointing to the footnotes in the peer reviewed research and scientific publication while shouting that nobody seems to read and comprehend what comes after the asterisk (but everyone likes to pretend they do), it's nice to find this place outright shutting down the observation of footnotes altogether. We need this to happen somewhere; we really do. I just don't see hateful, sneering, ignorance posed as intellectualism leading the charge anywhere else these days. Thanks, and please specify asbestos in all building materials and products. I have loads of *pre-1930's research proving superior safety and efficacy of these substances if needed. *This data pre-dates subsequent findings. glta

Jan 8, 22 10:12 am  · 
1  · 
SneakyPete

Wut?

Jan 9, 22 4:12 pm  · 
2  · 
tduds

"...at first encounter..." 

See that's where you're mistaken.

Jan 10, 22 11:21 am  · 
1  · 
bowling_ball

I'm still in the clear as far as I know. My brother caught it (despite double vaxx) but he's 2000 miles away, in a different country. 

We had no cases of positive staff until two weeks ago. At least five people seem to have caught it. All of us are at least double vaxxed (requirement to be in the office). One person who caught it has immune system issues that have caused her symptoms to last longer than usual, but besides the typical tiredness and loss of her voice, she's on the mend. Everybody else either had no symptoms or has fully recovered.

Jan 7, 22 1:10 pm  · 
2  · 
proto

I just got notice some clients I met with this week tested positive. We were all masked during the meeting so I’m hoping it was a near miss. Gonna have to test next week and find out. No symptoms yet.

Jan 8, 22 12:10 am  · 
 · 
randomised

The in-laws tested positive last week when their eldest son visited and he had some spare tests with him. They’re all double jabbed and my mother-in-law already boostered. None had any symptoms and still nothing…hope that was it for them, both 70+.
Some kids and parents tested positive during Christmas lockdown here from the class of my eldest who will start school again on Monday.

and I’m sitting and waiting my 15minutes now after receiving my booster shot:

Jan 8, 22 4:19 am  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

Nice ceiling. I’m getting my booster later today but it’s in a converted curling rink so not as nice.

Jan 8, 22 8:17 am  · 
1  · 
randomised

It’s the RAI convention centre in Amsterdam by Alexander Bodon.

Jan 8, 22 4:50 pm  · 
1  · 
justavisual

Caught it 11 days before my booster appointment bc The Netherlands is so f**ing slow (AGAIN) - why can we not do the boosting BEFORE the holidays? The one time in 2 years we hang out with the family... I already knew it would end this way...good riddance. The cold I caught off a kid the week before Covid was worse than the Covid. I'm glad for the vaccines, but sick of the imposed vaccine timelines here and tired of the lockdowns. Lets open up again and move on...mask requirement can stay! Now I have to wait 3 months for the booster.

I was also dead sick for 3 weeks in Feb 2020 after a trip to London...either a really horrid flu, or...Covid. Will never know...

ps. home rapid tests work! use them!

Jan 8, 22 4:46 pm  · 
randomised

The timing in NL is indeed horrible again, the incompetence borders on being intentional…

Jan 8, 22 4:53 pm  · 
1  · 
Non Sequitur

booster shot side effects looking to be the same as second stab. Feeling like shit ATM. Eugh. 

Jan 9, 22 11:42 am  · 
 · 
archinet

My covid symptoms were exactly the same as my booster side effects :((

Jan 9, 22 2:10 pm  · 
1  · 
randomised

So far only my arm hurt a little from the booster…when I got COVID at the beginning of the pandemic felt a lot worse for a day or two.

Jan 9, 22 4:21 pm  · 
 · 
midlander

you had immunity against the booster then :) my first shot knocked me out hard for a day.

Jan 9, 22 7:18 pm  · 
 · 
atelier nobody

Hmm, my booster only caused relatively mild pain at the injection site for a day or two. My second original jab was the worst of the 3 - very noticeable shoulder pain and pretty much slept for 2 days.

Jan 10, 22 11:36 am  · 
 · 

So funny how we all experienced these shots differently. For me the first shot (Pfizer) was the most chill, mild soreness on my arm. Second shot (Pfizer) had me in bed with chills for about 12 hours. Booster (switch to Moderna) had me in bed with fever/chills much faster and for a bit longer (maybe 18-24 hours before I was feeling over it).

Jan 10, 22 11:59 am  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

I've dodged this like The One, and have zero reactions to the vaccinations. I've been vaxxed up the ass this year; two covid shots, shingles vax, flu vax, and a tetanus vax. The only thing I haven't found a vax for? Anger.

Jan 9, 22 7:55 pm  · 
2  · 
citizen

Here ya go, b3ta.

Cute Puppy GIF - Cute Puppy Dog - Discover & Share GIFs | Cute puppy  videos, Puppies gif, Puppies

That's a double jab plus 2 boosters!

Jan 9, 22 9:00 pm  · 
3  · 
citizen

And if you're getting vaxxed up the ass, I'd speak to your medical ethics board, forthwith     ;O]

Jan 9, 22 9:02 pm  · 
2  · 
atelier nobody

I need to get the shingles vax and am apparently due for one of my regular ones (can't remember which right now, TDAP maybe?).

Jan 10, 22 11:38 am  · 
 · 
atelier nobody

As far as I know, I have managed to avoid infection with all variants so far (I have enough ongoing upper respiratory issues with my allergies that it's imaginable I might have had a mild case and just not noticed).

I jumped in line for my vaccination at the first available opportunity (only time in my life I've been grateful for being morbidly obese, since it got me in a bit earlier than others) and just got the booster last week. I have not been obsessive about masking or social distancing, but have more-or-less followed the posted protocols. I'm also a pretty introverted guy to start with, so my normal level of interaction with the world wasn't too far off from the social distancing recommendations.

Jan 10, 22 11:29 am  · 
1  · 
justavisual

my right ear is still hurting 4 months after covid ... no obvious reason has been found. heard this is a new side effect of the omicron variants. fucking annoying is what it is - cant use my headphones anymore

Apr 4, 22 8:08 am  · 
 · 
bowling_ball

The WHO (or could be CDC) is investigating cases of tinnitus apparently due to one of the vaccines.

Apr 4, 22 8:21 am  · 
 · 
justavisual

Yeah, they're starting to study it now. Luckily I don't have ringing. Sometimes a low buzzing (mostly when laying). Mostly its a dull pain that can develop into headache - and a slight feeling of fullness that leads to muffled sounds. And headphones just exacerbate the pain - so does cold weather. I want summer!!!

Apr 4, 22 8:49 am  · 
 · 
SneakyPete

Headphones or earbuds? Earbuds can cause infections.

Apr 4, 22 10:13 pm  · 
 · 
justavisual

earbuds...but yeah i used to wear them all day at the office, never an issue. last few years since working for myself i wear them less. anyway i had a cold before the covid - all stuffed up - then got covid just as i was getting better. so i was sick like 1,5 months in total. i dunno, i really cant use the earbuds anymore for more than an hour or so. its messing w my workflow.

Apr 5, 22 11:18 am  · 
 · 

bowling_ball wrote:

"The WHO (or could be CDC) is investigating cases of tinnitus apparently due to one of the vaccines."

Neither the WHO or CDC are investigating this.

The link says this is for all COVID vaccines. 

It appears the link you provided  is basing their paper on two studies that only used literature from PubMed, Cochrane Library, and Google Scholar as their data

This 'research' found 12,247 cases out of 11,300,000,000 vaccinated.  That’s a 0.000001 % chance 

Apr 5, 22 1:58 pm  · 
 · 
justavisual

well in my case its from covid, not the vaccines (since i had those last summer and we couldn't get the booster till mid january...I got covid 1 jan)...!!!

Apr 6, 22 12:39 pm  · 
 · 
bowling_ball

Chad, you're right. It's VAERS that's studying it. Either way, it does appear to be a legitimate area that needs more study. Which is kind of how science works.

Apr 6, 22 4:31 pm  · 
 · 

bowling_ball: It may be a legitimate area that needs more study.

The bad data in the study you referenced and the inaccuracies of your presentation of this 'study' makes me highly doubtful though. 

Future reputable studies using actual data will tell though.  

Apr 20, 22 1:11 pm  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

I'm still on the negative list. Got the second booster before the CDC said to, and will get another this fall. No side effects. But you know what I won't do? I'm doing the basics. Mask up indoor, when I'm not consuming food, or drink. Avoid concerts indoors. And getting the damn shot. You know what hasn't happened, contrary to the looney fringe that exists here, I didn't glow, I didn't grow a third eye, I didn't vaccine related heart issues, my family and friends don't avoid me, and I don't put my communities at risk. 

I'm doing the bare minimum. My life hasn't suffered from not seeing your smile, fake or otherwise.

Wear. The. Mask.

Apr 27, 22 6:23 am  · 
3  · 

No one in my extended family has gotten COVID yet. My husband just got his second booster and I’m scheduling mine for next week. I need to get a shingles vax this year too, and thanks for the reminder, b3ta, that I’m likely due for tetanus again!  I love vaccines. How fortunate we are to live in a time with this kind of science. If only we could stop producing so much plastic.

Apr 27, 22 8:05 am  · 
1  · 

Oh, and to your original question, One Lost: our office is requiring people to come into the office Tuesday and Wednesday every week, flexible the other days. We’re trying that for 3 months and adjust as needed.

Apr 27, 22 8:07 am  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

We have everyone (minus those on covid-baby maternity leave) back in office full time. Vax mandates were lifted on April 1s so that means the one anti-vax outlier is back in their seat. I WFH 2 days per week because of my son's med appointments but besides that, I do not want to work more at home than I need to.

Apr 27, 22 8:17 am  · 
2  · 

Still negative as well:

• Still working from home 5 days/week. They want us all in minimum 2 days/week, but have also not been forcing the issue if you want to stay home.
  • Switched up vaccine producer for my booster (not old enough for a second booster). 
  • Still masking when I'm around others (minimum KF94 or KN95, usually N95).
  • Still avoiding eating in restaurants and bars, large gatherings, etc. where people will be unmasked for longer durations.

Good masks seriously work. Wife has been teaching in person with maybe a third of her students and coworkers masked. She's been wearing a well-fitted N95 and has avoided testing positive (been testing about once a week). At the same time, her coworkers and students have caught it, likely in the classroom from not wearing a masks, or wearing cloth masks only.

Apr 27, 22 12:53 pm  · 
 · 

Since getting COVID back in January 2021 I've ben clear.  I was vaccinated in July 2021 and got my booster.  I still wear a mask when in public.  I also now wear a mask if I think I have a cold.  

Everyone is back in the office. One non vaccinated co worker got COVID three months back.  Another is currently quarantining after being exposed while on vacation last week. 

On a side note my lung capacity is still reduced (from 81% down to 79%).  We'll have to see how much this shortens my lifespan.  

Apr 27, 22 2:09 pm  · 
 · 
bowling_ball

I'm guessing you were admitted to hospital if you know your lung function? I'm about a week post-negative test but still very much recovering (fatigue and some lung issues). I'm triple vaccinated and wear a mask 95% in public, interior spaces.

Apr 27, 22 5:33 pm  · 
 · 

Nope. 

I knew my lung capacity because I have asthma and this was part of my initial diagnosis. 

Side note: lung capacity and pulse 02 are different things. 

My pulse 02 was around 93% during COVID so my doc wanted to see what my lung capacity was after I recovered. We've been monitoring it every six months since. When your lung capacity drops below 80% you run high risks for premature death due to stroke, heart disease, or organ failure.  

At best this will only take 5-10 years off my life span.  Worst case I'll die around 50.  I'll be 44 in July. 

Apr 27, 22 6:26 pm  · 
 · 
proto

Sobering stuff - stay healthy, chad!

I was on a plane traveling for a project yesterday. I N95'ed the travel time. I was def in the minority. There was a larger percentage with less tight face coverings, but that cohort was still very small compared to the back-to-normal group who were maskless.

I'm def hearing of covid entering my social/family circle more now. And there have certainly been moments when I've wondered whether I had it (no + tests yet).

Apr 28, 22 12:02 pm  · 
 · 
nowsasertos

Never got COVID, never been vaccinated. I am not an ati-vac, just one lucky person

May 28, 22 9:41 am  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

How do you know you never had covid? What if you were asymptomatic and spread to others? What if you're the reason grandma died?

May 28, 22 11:12 am  · 
1  · 

It is still out there.

May 29, 22 12:13 am  · 
1  · 
JonathanLivingston

Finally came down with covid on Wednesday, despite nearly every precaution. Fever and headache for two days, lagging cough, and congestion. So far not nearly as bad as flu. Strong cold level discomfort. Yeah, it's still out there and people are going to keep dying from this, It doesn't seem like there is much that can prevent that fact from persisting into the future. Stay strong and healthy, utilize every defense available to you, and assume the risk of this brave new world.

May 29, 22 4:29 pm  · 
1  · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: