Archinect
anchor

Office Architecture & Design 60s/90s

12bmooett

Hi all,

do you know interesting papers and books about the changements of office architecture and design from postwar up to the 90s?

Thanks

Dec 15, 21 2:57 pm
Non Sequitur

things changed half a dozen times during that time span. What have you found so far and when is your home work due?

Dec 15, 21 3:48 pm  · 
 · 
tduds

Yes I do.

Dec 15, 21 4:08 pm  · 
 · 
randomised

You could start with watching Mad Men and finish with The Office...there you go.

Dec 16, 21 3:24 am  · 
1  · 
12bmooett

thanks

Dec 18, 21 7:23 am  · 
 · 
midlander

look up books on Mies, SOM, Philip Johnson, Michael Graves, Gensler, KPF. there's a ton out there.

Dec 16, 21 6:47 am  · 
1  · 
midlander

cesar pelli. kenzo tange. nbbj. hok. that's just a basic list of commercially successful firms doing prominent office buildings in that period. your question is almost too open ended to answer.

Dec 16, 21 6:50 am  · 
1  · 
12bmooett

yes, now i make one more specific since I'm starting going deeper in the research

Dec 18, 21 7:25 am  · 
 · 
DArchMan

It's all about the cubical. Cubicals were supposed to be an individual paradise for employees, but they became our nightmares lol. Herman Miller designed the first one in the 1960s.

https://www.businessinsider.co...

Feb 8, 22 5:50 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: