Archinect
anchor

For Sale Architecture books

w. architect

Hello fellow Archinects, I am thinning my collection of some signed/unsigned architecture books as I am soon to be a retired architect. The Rem Koolhaus $200, Neutra $200, Rediscovered $350.+ shipping CONUS. Let me know if your interested, or you think the sale price is not fair. I have others, Rapson signed, original drawing, Thom Mayne,signed,Libskind signed, Moss signed, etc. 

Apr 24, 21 11:43 am
w. architect

No one collects or reads Architecture books, or perhaps I have the wrong ones!

Apr 25, 21 7:00 pm  · 
 · 
SneakyPete

You waited all of a day and on the weekend, when Archinect is dead. Chill.

Apr 25, 21 7:01 pm  · 
 · 
w. architect

"C'mon man."

Apr 29, 21 10:46 am  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

I have a signed copy of Frampton's Modern Architecture.  Maybe I should dig that out of the basement storage bin.

Apr 29, 21 10:54 am  · 
1  · 
Jaetten

I've got a copy of the Lord of the Rings signed by Sir Ian McKellen ;)

Apr 29, 21 10:57 am  · 
3  · 
JLC-1

I get most of my arch books from thrift shops, you know, no more than 5 bucks. And I have found some really nice ones. 

Apr 29, 21 10:58 am  · 
1  · 

I've sent my fair share of architecture books to a thrift shop. I had to clean out my collection when we had our child and the office got converted into the nursery. I took my books to a bookstore to see what I could get from them and they quoted me some ok prices on most, but pennies on others. I sold them the ones with good pricing and donated the rest to the thrift store. Figured I'd let someone have a $5 find at the thrift store if I wasn't going to make anything on selling it anyway. Most of them I picked up at the university library book sale for less than a dollar when they'd get boxes of them donated from some architect's estate when they passed away.

Apr 30, 21 1:27 pm  · 
 · 
JLC-1

I've found some good stuff, first issue of very well known magazines, catalogs of biennales, monographs, etc. that were relevant when I was in school and couldn't buy, only check at the library.

May 1, 21 3:34 pm  · 
 · 
w. architect

Thrift shops are not exactly the places to shop with Covid-19 & homeless issues.

Apr 30, 21 11:51 am  · 
 · 
SneakyPete

I don't think you know as much as you think you do about covid-19, thrift shops, or the homeless.

Apr 30, 21 12:23 pm  · 
5  · 
JLC-1

sure w.

May 1, 21 3:31 pm  · 
 · 
robhaw

You should find your local architecture's school Facebook group and sell to the highest bidder. 

Apr 30, 21 5:52 pm  · 
 · 
randomised

Why would you thin your collection, you will finally have all the time in the world to read all those wonderful architecture books when you retire!

May 1, 21 3:03 pm  · 
2  · 
evamcleigh

Do you have an email address? I would like to discuss further.

May 4, 21 3:47 pm  · 
 · 

try the contact link next to their name

May 4, 21 4:50 pm  · 
 · 
w. architect

hi, vwynne1@yahoo.com

May 4, 21 4:54 pm  · 
 · 

Your spam folder thanks you

May 4, 21 5:40 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

it's a @yahoo so it's not likely they will notice the extra spam.

May 4, 21 5:44 pm  · 
 · 
w. architect

ok

May 4, 21 7:41 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

• ×Search in: